Author Topic: What ya say all ! Doooo Iiiit or not !!  (Read 9084 times)

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Since 12 i was, it started; started with pain in the nippies, than came the puppies ! Now am around 29 and 198 pound round (hmm ryhmes) Here are my shots was thinking of going to Dr. Lista (out of province for me) going to send some better shots to him than these will post those too here.

But question here is !! Shall i Doooo IIIITTTtt ? Would there be any improvement or would it be $5K spent for travel and hope only !

PS: I seen other pics here and wow i am shocked i have such extreme case and am worried that it might be too late for me now to find any resolution !

Just had surgery and my surgery experience and pictures available at : https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22605.0

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
Shaker, this is not an extreme case at all (speaking from personal experience). You will get a great improvement after surgery of course, however, you seem to be overweight. It is best to lose as much weight as you can before surgery. Good luck.

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member
Type in Gynecomastia into goggle images and you will see some extreme cases. Of course go for it if it bothers you that much and with todays modern methods and experienced plastic surgeons the results from surgery will be great.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
dont ask people on an internet forum about such a major thing as surgery! Only you can decide.
 I personally wouldnt have surgery, but thats me not you! ::)

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Shaker, this is not an extreme case at all (speaking from personal experience). You will get a great improvement after surgery of course, however, you seem to be overweight. It is best to lose as much weight as you can before surgery. Good luck.

I sure am overweight but i want to loose weight by doing swimining because of my back issues i am having and swimming at this stage is something i been avoiding since grade 7. I was 220 pounds last january so i have done some weight loss but it has not been great loss. Aim is to get surgery within a month if it permits jump into swimming pool to start loosing some weight.

With respect to surgery the doctor here in town said it will be more abbrassive so want to go to mississauga get it done from dr lista cause of reviews i been reading here. I have been giving surgery some serious thought for last 2-3 years cause at work too i feel rather uncomfortable in my clothes.

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
best thing to lose weight is go on a diet and watch what you eat. That's the most effective way. Doing sports along is never a bad idea and it's actually good because it will help you maintain your muscle mass while dieting. If you can't do anything but swimming now and you're not comfortable with taking your shirt off then just go for the diet. Good luck.

Offline burntoast

• Posting Member
Yeah.. it's as simple as eating less calories than you burn! Check out Lose It! I've used it to lose over 50lbs so far... :)

Site is Loseit.com .. they have an iPhone app that I use to log my meals.

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
where do you live in Canada if you don't mind me asking ?

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
I had your same hesitation about getting in the pool (hadn't been in one in ~30 years due to my gyno) but finally decided to confront my weight problem and then do something about the puppies afterwards. This was primarily based on posts on this site that overwhelmingly suggests that you lose the weight first. There is a reason why almost everyone is suggesting it.

BTW, I looked a heck of a lot worse than you (click here to see my "before" pictures - be forewarned they are pretty bad), but I just focused on what I would look like after everything was done. Even though it was a "20 foot walk that felt like a mile" to get in the pool, once there you are safe. In addition you may also consider using other machines that don't hurt your back as much as well as changing up what you eat. Once you lose some more weight you may actually lose your back problem as well!   

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
where do you live in Canada if you don't mind me asking ?
@ Saskatchewan

@Fatboyslim: Nice progress, but i doubt i can enter the pool looking like the way i am , i am not mentally strong enough when it comes to public appearance, probably cause i have had this since i was 13. However i do go to gym to do cardio excercise and try to keep my weight below 200 pounds (being at that weight or less for 2 years now). But swimming i liked in grade 5, 6 etc. and i want to be on road to recovery by swimming as it will be great for my back (had injury 3 years ago in the gym).

Attaching pics sent to dr. and yes i know pwetty love handles i got :).

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
...i doubt i can enter the pool looking like the way i am , i am not mentally strong enough when it comes to public appearance, probably cause i have had this since i was 13...
I honestly think you are being way to hard on yourself. If I saw you coming to the pool I honestly wouldn't think twice about it but if I saw me walking to the pool looking the way I used to look, I would stare as if I was looking at the Creature From The Black Lagoon. ;D BTW, I think most everyone on this board has had this problem since they were 12-13.

In any event, good luck with whatever you decide to do. :) 

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
I think most everyone on this board has had this problem since they were 12-13.

True only those who go through this know what it means others just look at you and having nothing else to do make remarks.

Anyways i doubt i will loose them without surgery as i have tried working out lost weight and what not, it just never worked, thinking it will disappear if one looses weight.

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Just an update decided to get in surgery with dr lista... date : 1st March 2011. I have barely any fat above my nipples( maybe because i used to work my pecks back in college) but underneath its like someone stuck a tennis ball or something there.

Offline 15yrsl8r

• Posting Member
I agree with a previous comment about how you look currently. You are overweight but in my mind you don't suffer greatly from gyne. After losing weight you may look differently. Both in a negative sense and a positive sense. Either way you'll get better results if you trim down before you have surgery rather than having the surgery first (at least that is what my surgeon said).

I've struggled for over 15 years. And I can relate to your pain, however, I still do not think you should spend thousands of dollars to correct anything until you've succeeded at some weight loss.

Goodluck!

http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/dimmpass/
My b4 and afters

Offline allatonce

• Posting Member
I also think you should lose weight first if possible. It will give you a better idea of whether or not it is a real problem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024