Author Topic: What are your chest and waist sizes?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline electroncloud

Hi,
 I am fat (180 lbs, 5' 8" ) and have Gynecomastia. My chest is 42" and my waist is 38". All the fat people I see around have flat chests. I am trying to lose weight but my weight doesn't embarrass me as an adult as much as my Gynecomastia. It's horrible! So are there others like me?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, indeed there are others like you.

Unfortunately, when men gain weight, they frequently put it on their chest, abdomen and love handles first.  But some men put more weight in their abdomen and not so much on their chest -- this is probably due to genetic tendencies, which one cannot control.  And, when men do lose weight, they cannot tell their bodies where the weight should come off.  Most of the time, weight put on the chest and abdomen is the last to come off through weight loss.

That is where liposuction comes in -- for any part of the body.  Liposuction is the only way to specifically target certain unwanted accumulations of fat -- be it on the chest, abdomen, thighs, neck, etc.

Best course is to diet and exercise to lose weight.  And during that time, wear a snug compression garment to give you a better shape.  Once you are at your desire and stable weight, then evaluate yourself.  If there is still excess chest tissue which you do not like, then you might consider gyne surgery.  Or, if you are happy with your chest and general contours, then relax and enjoy!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Entouragee

• Posting Member
I weight 150 pounds, I have a 28 inch waist, and i'm 5' 11" and have a very noticeable condition.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
At 5'10" I had a 28 inch waist and 36-38 chest when I was 18.

55 years later at the age of 73 my waist is 38 and chest is 44-46

The Gynecomastia has not changed significantly.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Gloucester

I have 36 chest size and 29 vast,...
Its an ideal one i thinks what about you guys,....

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
I dunno my chest size but im 158 lbs with size 31 waist line.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024