Author Topic: My pics... Surgery in 10 weeks  (Read 2429 times)

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Got surgery in 10 weeks, do you think i can expect a good result?
http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/mart01234/

Mart.

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Password to view them is mart01234

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Well that depends on your surgeon.

Did you look at some of his/her before and after pictures of past patients they've performed surgery on?

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Yes mate. Am confident in the surgeon just wanted the opinions of people on this board to see how i compared with the cases of some of you. 

Thanks, Mart.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
well I've seen a few cases similar to yours that turned out really good, so yeah I think you'll like your soon to be non-gyne chest  :)

Offline mart

• Silver Member
 ;D Thanks for the replies Mark.

DrBermant

Got surgery in 10 weeks, do you think i can expect a good result?
http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc456/mart01234/

Mart.

Each surgeon has his or her skill levels. No you cannot expect good results from any surgeon offering this operation. That is why checking what that doctor's work is like is so critical. What one doctor thinks looks great may not be. I have posted elsewhere on this forum how to pick a gynecomastia surgeon:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Remember this is something that needs to look good both at rest and while living life. One or 2 views is not enough to evaluate the original problem nor the quality of the result.

When a surgeon posts images, by our Plastic Surgery Society's Standards they must represent typical results that doctor achieves. That is how I built my website  with so many examples. I have worked so hard and I know I have done my job when my patients tell me that their results look as good or better than what I demonstrated on the web.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline mart

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply Dr Bermant,

I understand what you are saying. I have confidence the surgeon will do a good job. I just basically wanted to see if there were people on the board with who had similar gyne to me and got surgery, and what there results were like. How severe do you think my case is? I can feel a decent sized gland in each side.

Mart.

DrBermant

Thanks for the reply Dr Bermant,

I understand what you are saying. I have confidence the surgeon will do a good job. I just basically wanted to see if there were people on the board with who had similar gyne to me and got surgery, and what there results were like. How severe do you think my case is? I can feel a decent sized gland in each side.

Mart.

You are welcome,

You can find many such examples of that degree of gynecomastia and the results on my web site. But that is for my patients with my skills. You can also see many examples of patients who came to me unhappy after surgery done elsewhere. Some of those deformities did not have reasonable revision options.

To understand what your surgeon's results are like, you will need to check details of their skills for similar problems.

Examination of the chest is not reliable to determine gland from fat. Gland tends to be firm and fat soft, but fat can be firm and gland soft. That is why I evolved my Dynamic Technique. You can read a much more detailed explanation about this issue here in this forum:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21468.msg145527;topicseen#msg145527

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024