Author Topic: Gynae or pseudogynae?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline upspeed

• Posting Member
Hi,

I'm 21 years old, and have had a lifestyle of junk food only for the last 7 years, but am hitting the work out trail again, as I'm back playing Soccer for my University team. I used to be in real good shape about 4 years ago, but am now completely out of shape. Does this look like gynae to you? pics are below, thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:36:41 PM by upspeed »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have a very mild case of gyne.  If it did not exist prior to your junk food binge, then it may respond to appropriate diet and exercise.

Ditch the junk food, eat right and hit the gym hard.  Get back to us in six months with some follow up photos and then we can give you a real opinion as to whether you have gyne or not.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline upspeed

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply. Any advice from any regarding what exercise I should focus on? i.e. more cardio, or more weights? And with weights, will dumbell presses at various angles and press ups be enough?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The first thing is appropriate diet -- calories do count.  Most men need about 2500 cals/day -- so if you can get down to 2000 or 1800/day you will undoubtedly lose weight.

As to exercise, I am not a guru on this.  But this I know:  vary the exercises every day -- and include at least 1/2 hr of cardio 3-4 times a week plus free weights and machines.  Perhaps you can try working with a trainer or other knowledgeable person who can show you a number of exercises to do.

Dr Jacobs

Offline upspeed

• Posting Member
Thanks, will do. Just a general observation, I've noticed that in certain angles the moobs are not visible, and if i position my arms differently they have the outline of pecs. My body fat % is 27%.  So hopefully if I cut myself hardcore, i.e. do weights and reduce it to 15%, I should be able to lose them.

From your medical perspective, what is the definition of MILD gynae, and how common is it?

Thank you

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Looks pretty mild to me man, from the pics. I think just better eating habits and a more active lifestyle could help a lot, if not completely.
I lost between 8-10 lbs over 2-3 months by switching my liquid to just water with the occasional soda or beer etc. About 100oz a day. And this is still while eating like crap... My better eating habits are next, along with hitting the gym 3-4 times a week.

Good luck, I think you can avoid surgery.  ;D

Offline upspeed

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply guys. I've been trying to examine myself to check the type of tissue. What I notice is that it is a little bit lumpy. Although the texture is similar to my bicep (which is predominantly muscular tissue). So I'm not sure if it's predominantly fat with a little gland or vice versa.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is a fool's errand to try to feel your chest and determine what type of tissue is there.  Breast tissue can be firm and fat can feel soft -- and vice versa.  And bottom line, it is truly not important because oftentimes the fat on the chest is resistant to diet and exercise -- so surgery will be needed to remove it as well as any breast tissue.  Surgery may be indicated if you lose weight, work out and still have objectionable excess tissues on your chest.  But you are the only arbiter of whether you would need surgery or not.

Try to lose the weight first and then decide.

Dr Jacobs

Offline upspeed

• Posting Member
I have just returned from a 4 week trip back home to Brazil.

I have lost about 2kgs from playing a lot of beach soccer and volleyball,mixed with weights.

I think there may be SOME improvement, what does everybody think? (pics below).

Adios.

Offline upspeed

• Posting Member
are you kidding? just exercise already.... gyno schmyno... its called eating healthy and exercising...

As in it looks the same? Or as in,there is no gyne there? lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024