Author Topic: Dr Bermant vs. Dr. Pope  (Read 4140 times)

Offline wv3d

Dear fellow puffsters,
I am finally saved up and braved up for surgery.  A puffy nipple sufferer for way too many years and I want to have surgery done ASAP.  I am struggling between what seems like having the A-lister, creme de la creme surgeon, Dr. Bermant perform the surgery and travel a far distance and do the weekend in/out surgery or staying local and having Dr. Pope perform the surgery.  It seems so much more optimal to not have a flight hotel distance surgery ( that's a savings) on top of a cheaper surgery fee by 2,000$.  I wish there was more feedback for Dr. Pope.  Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Pope regarding a puffy nipple surgery, which obvious needs excision and maybe some lipo for contour?  Thanks for any replies.  This discussion board is the best tool on the web!

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Dr. Jacobs.   ;D

Offline Gynvic

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant and his "Dynamic technique" in my book wins. For one you wont have 4 scars/drains to mess with and for two the overall appearance looks so natural also, healing appears to be faster than other techniques/P.S methods.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Wv3d,

I never use drains in my gyne surgery, so scars are kept to a minimum.  If you would like to travel to Orlando for a consultation, I would be happy to talk with you.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
You guys are getting too caught up in the doctors involved in this one particular site. You really, really have to do your homework with plastic surgery. A lot of the "A listers" are not paying annual fees to be listed on this site, guys... they don't have to. You have to pound the pavement and search good surgeons out. A lot of them aren't hurting for patients, so you're not going to see them with flashy websites, listings on this forum, or billboards. It is really important to put a lot of research into your decision.

Offline R. Bit

• Posting Member
You guys are getting too caught up in the doctors involved in this one particular site. You really, really have to do your homework with plastic surgery. A lot of the "A listers" are not paying annual fees to be listed on this site, guys... they don't have to. You have to pound the pavement and search good surgeons out. A lot of them aren't hurting for patients, so you're not going to see them with flashy websites, listings on this forum, or billboards. It is really important to put a lot of research into your decision.

Have any suggestions?

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member

Have any suggestions?

I do. However, given what I do, it would likely get me banned from the forums, so I will refrain from posting publicly. I often refer sufferers to teaching universities, where the fees are often much less if the patient is willing to be operated on by a resident surgeon that is supervised by an experienced plastic surgeon. I focus on helping sufferers rather than helping doctors fatten up their bottom line with referrals.

If you don't have much money and are looking for quality surgery, at least consult with a local university. Often times it's free or very, very low cost (<$50). If you want more information or if you just want to chat, PM me.

Offline R. Bit

• Posting Member

Have any suggestions?

I do. However, given what I do, it would likely get me banned from the forums, so I will refrain from posting publicly. I often refer sufferers to teaching universities, where the fees are often much less if the patient is willing to be operated on by a resident surgeon that is supervised by an experienced plastic surgeon. I focus on helping sufferers rather than helping doctors fatten up their bottom line with referrals.

If you don't have much money and are looking for quality surgery, at least consult with a local university. Often times it's free or very, very low cost (<$50). If you want more information or if you just want to chat, PM me.

Thanks for the reply. The idea of going to a university for surgery had never occurred to me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024