Author Topic: Weight-loss  (Read 2137 times)

tothemoon

First off, I know I have gyno, as well as some very puffy nipples. I am currently on the quest to lose a significant amount of weight, and my question is: how much will this reduce my prominent chest? Is there a way to tell how much is fat and how much is gladular? When I hold my hands over my head, my chest is perfectly flat. I also have a bit of fat under my armpits the connects to my chest, which I've read is a characteristic of pseudo. Any professional advice? I'll probably update this thread in a few months to prove/disprove any opinions. My chest looks pretty normal when my nipples are in their hardened state, but when they're relaxes my chest seems to sag and be a little pointed. I overheard my friends talking about my "weird-pointy chest" and need to learn the best way to go about fixing this with summer fast approaching!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think you would be best serfed by using a compression garment to conceal the condition.

Any attempt to classify gynecomastia as either real, true, false, or pseudo; should be avoided. Glandular tissue usually thought to be firm can be soft. Fatty tissue usually thought to be soft can be firm. The treatment, surgery, would be the same in either case. The surgical procedure would be varied by the surgeon to deal with what ever is encountered as the surgery progresses.
Grandpa Dan

tothemoon

Thanks for your reply. Though that would solve the issue of my chest while wearing a shirt, it still leaves my confidence unchecked. I would rather not have to wear a garment every time I get dressed, let alone be afraid that someone notices it, highlighting my insecurity. I'm optimistic about this, and if after weight-loss surgery is the only option, I'll go right ahead and get it. I guess I should stop trying to plan the journey and just see where I stand then in a couple of months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024