Author Topic: Pretty sure this is gyne, but figured I'd ask  (Read 2520 times)

Offline KnowWhereThisIsGoing

Any chance this could be pseudogynecomastia still?  Lost around 10% bodyfat recently and my chest hasn't improved as significantly as the rest of me.  I'm still around 22% bodyfat and have around 30lbs more left to go. 

Any tips?  Advice?  Thanks in advance!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Lose the additional 30 pounds and then re-evaluate.

Most often, your entire body (and chest) will reduce somewhat -- but you may still be left with some excess tissue on your chest.  In all likelihood, that would be gynecomastia which would require surgery to be completely removed.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Any chance this could be pseudogynecomastia still?  Lost around 10% bodyfat recently and my chest hasn't improved as significantly as the rest of me.  I'm still around 22% bodyfat and have around 30lbs more left to go. 

Any tips?  Advice?  Thanks in advance!

After major weight loss, gland, residual fat, and loose skin can remain factors. I developed standard loose skin pictures to document the degree of contour problem is being caused by this element. Check out the details and consider using them as a tool to track your progress of contour changes. When low nipples and loose skin are factors, continuing the weight loss until you are comfortable is the next step. Any form of lift followed by further weight loss will result in new sagging and makes no sense.

I also documented the power of body shaping garments that will offer an instant contour fix (although only temporary). These garments have proven to be an important emotional band aide for my patients who still are working on their weight but have gotten frustrated not seeing results.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024