Author Topic: Surgeons in Dallas!  (Read 6498 times)

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
I've been looking and looking... I have a spreadsheet with information I'm collecting- but would love a referral.
I  have not consulted with any yet, but have looked at their sites, some pics, and gotten some pricing.
If anyone can tell me their experience with any doctors in Dallas I've be very grateful.

Offline collstu77

Hi buddy! I'm actually Canadian and don't expect to receive surgery in the US, but I was doing some research on surgical techniques involved in gynecomastia on scholar.google.com  Dr. Henry Mentz III appears to have developed a very sophisticated technique, published in the 'Aesthetic Plastic Surgery'. Having a procedure published in a peer-reviewed journal in and of itself is extremely prestigious. My guess is that he charges accordingly. I don't remember his exact site, although I promise if you google "Mentz dallas surgery" you will immediately get a link to his practice. I believe I read on his site his office is in "the galeria" area of Dallas. That doesn't mean much to me, but maybe it will to you. He seems like he knows what he's talking about, if he can put it in an academic journal that thousands of surgeons around the world read.

HAHA it sounds like I work for him. I don't. I just know the aesthetic plastic surgery wouldn't publish just any regular joe m.d.

Offline collstu77

I looked him up again because I'm bored.

I'm so sorry he is actually in Houston, not Dallas. His technique is called "Single Puncture Incision"

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
There are two doctors listed on this site.

Robert S. Hamas, M.D. (Your Looks), Dallas

Dr. Dr. Wilcox (Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center), Plano

Unfortunately, I've never seen anyone here discuss their results with either one of them.  

The Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex area has many plastic surgeons.  But as we know, not just any plastic surgeon will do when it comes to correcting gynecomastia.  You want someone with a wealth of experience; someone who performs many gyne surgeries each year and maybe even devotes their practice to it.  

If any surgeons or members here can recommend someone who they know is particularly experienced and good in the DFW area, would love to hear from you.  

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
There are no surgeons (that I'm aware of) that specialize in gynecomastia in Dallas.
Dr Hamas does 25 a year, but has no photos to show for it. That by itself is enough to make me weary of using him. Not only that but it seems to take several days to get a reply from him or the receptionist about simple questions I have.

Dr Dr. Wilcox apparently does quite a few too, nowhere near the number Dr Jacobs or Dr Bermant has does, but in the area he is probably one of the more experienced on the condition (up with Hamas). Another member had surgery with him 6 months ago and to my knowledge he is happy. I've been communicating with him via PM about his experience with Dr. Wilcox. I have an appt with him next week.

Another Dr I found mentioned in here was Dr Friedman. The email I got back from his office said he does about a dozen gyne surgeries per year, which sounds vague. A member on here said he got surgery with him and was happy. The language on his website is really good, and I like the artistic approach he has, but his before and after photos I'm not that impressed with.

All this being said, I don't know how many consultations I should go to before I choose a surgeon. Let's say Hamas does 25 a year and another doctor does 10 a year. That doesn't automatically mean I'll get better results with Hamas. So I guess the only good way to pick my doctor is the before and after results.

So far- the best results appear to be with Dr. Wilcox. One of the photos on his site looks similar to my case- kind of a pointy fatty moob issue, and the results are spectacular. Not only that, but each and every case, on his website, were acceptable. Some I've seen on other websites were left with some boob left and that would be disappointing to say the least...

If anyone reads this and knows about some gem of a surgeon that I'm missing- please let me know.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Dr. Pope, a participating doctor here, recommended a good plastic surgeon in Dallas awhile back.  He was apparently not sure about his experience at correcting gynecomastia, however, and said to call his office in order to find out.  The doctor's name is Dr. Gregg Anigian.  Worth a call.....

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
That's funny. I read that post the other day.
His website has no before and after photos. I don't know if he's a new surgeon (his photo looks relatively young) or if it's just a new website, or what.

I suppose I'll contact them to see...

Offline holdenc

Underwent surgery last summer (June of 2010) with Dr. Steven J. White of Dallas and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I highly recommend Dr. White to any and all persons contemplating cosmetic surgery for gynecomastia within the Dallas/Forth Worth area.

Here is a little more information about my experience with Dr. White and consultation with other cosmetic surgeons in the Dallas area:
Prior to selecting Dr. White, I consulted with two doctors: one doctor was totally unimpressive, can't even remember his name, and the second, Dr. Friedman of Plano, just wasn't a fit for me. Both men held a lengthy list of academic and professional credentials/achievements, but neither left me feeling certain they were the right choice. For instance, the visit with Dr. Friedman seemed somewhat informal. I looked at a very simple 3-ring binder of previous surgical before-and-after photos, followed by a short consultation to conclude with his surgical game plan: remove the ball of fat beneath my nipples (which gave them a puffed appearance) and no liposuction. He was a professional kind of guy, nice, but just didn't feel he was the right fit for me. Further, as I am somewhat young (23 at the time of surgery) I'm not sure whether my inquiry into surgery was taken seriously; I sensed he wrote me off as a serious client before the close of the visit. In all, both the surgeons left me a little miffed and seriously let down that finding a surgeon would be more difficult than initially anticipated.

My experience with Dr. White was totally in opposition to the previous two doctors. First off, his office staff was incredibly polite and well versed with the procedure. And, on a more superficial note, the office (and the staff for that matter) were very upscale, super posh. For example, pre-and-post op surgical photos were displayed on large flat panel television, not a lackluster three ring binder. Of course, had the photos been sup-par or few in number my choice would have been look elsewhere; however, there were many fine examples of his work. Further, his assistant narrowed the photos down to patients with similarity to my own as to show what could be done...very personalized and specific. Sorry to drone on and on, but know that by the end of my consultation I went forward and scheduled my procedure.

Not sure if your supposed to list pricing, but for me (and I'm sure it varies with all as each body is unique) the total came to just over $8000. The price was more than the other doctors with which I consulted; however, Dr. White insisted the additional procedure of liposuction across the chest. He said if only the bulbous gland beneath the nipple were removed, a depression in the immediate area could subsequently develop, a point overlooked/left out by either of the two other doctors.

In short (which I know my comment is not), I'm super pleased with Dr. White. My experience before, during and post-surgery was nothing less than wonderful. Wish I had undergone the procedure at 18 rather than 23, but happy to have had done so nonetheless.

His info -
Steven J. White
8230 Walnut Hill Ln., Ste. 814
Dallas, TX 75231

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, holdenc.  Thanks for your write-up on Dr. White.

Offline jjheir

I called Dr. Steven J. White based on this review and I had a total opposite experience. I saw talked with three board certified plastic surgeons, one being the president of the board. All three gave me quotes but since I never had this surgery before I decided to talk with few other surgeons. I knew I would need excisions versus just liposuction and all three agreed. I've had this condition since puberty and I 45 yrs old now. I called Dr. White's office and the persons began screening me on the phone about everything and the conclusion was that my BMI was too high and that Dr. White wouldn't want to conduct surgery on me. I thought this was so rude, I told them that I've had this condition all my life even when I was in the military in perfect shape where I came familiar with the term gynecomastia.

I explained that I'm athletically built, played football, lift weights etc... and I was in very good shape but yes I don't necessarily meet bmi standards. However, they wouldn't schedule me to see him even though I got 3 board cert. surgeons that would do it and one being the president of the board including Dr. Dr. Wilcox on this site. At this point I just told them I guess your office doesn't operate on fat overweight people which I'm a big guy and bmi charts don't adequately match up because I look good, just need to get rid of the gyne. So my conclusion is that they were very unprofessional and if the Dr. is conducting his business this way by having the person answering calls screen patients then it also shows his in-experience. Not once did I experience this from any other board certified offices. Even if I lost more weight I wouldn't give him a dime to do anything to me just because of how they insulted me.

So big and not so big guys stay away from these jerks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024