Author Topic: Input needed, Is my case on the extreme side???  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Study

• Posting Member
Hello all,

This is my 1st post here, I just found out about the site yesterday....very helpful!!!

However looking threw the pictures of fellow bordies, I'm starting to believe I have an extreme case of GYN.

I'm 6'3 -235lbs, I also do body building. I know I have some weight to loose, but even @ my thinnest weight as an adult (I'm 34 now) @ 210... three years ago my chest was roughly the same size. My BMI is 29.4 (based on the website I found here some where). I'm @ the point in my life that I want to be finished with this thing & live my life....my story is exactly same as all of you guys!!!

I'm in the NYC area, I would rather avoid taking off my nipples @ risk of loosing sensation, also would prefer not to have the drain bags based on few threads I've read.  Also considering having Torsoplasty done, but it all comes down to cost. Some feed back would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:24:45 AM by Study »

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Definitely looks like gyne, however losing most of your fat could help a bit.
Before even considering surgery I would get to a weight you feel you could remain steady at, and that you're overall comfortable with maintaining.

If you go into surgery now or before losing more weight you won't be happy with your results.

Good luck!

Offline Study

• Posting Member
Definitely looks like gyne, however losing most of your fat could help a bit.
Before even considering surgery I would get to a weight you feel you could remain steady at, and that you're overall comfortable with maintaining.

If you go into surgery now or before losing more weight you won't be happy with your results.

Good luck!

Thanks for the response, I plan on loosing the weight before then. I want to do this in the fall/winter season so my big clothing will raise suspicion either way. Also it will give me time to find the right Doctor & get my funds in order.

Offline Study

• Posting Member
http ://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8sYyb7u6CSd4wE62 <---Is this Gynecomastia???

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member
What is you body fat level?

From the pics it seems to be about double of where you should have for a normal fit person working out and "body building". I'm betting in the high 20's%. Until you get that in check (diet & work out) you really don't know what your best options are. Pseudo Gyne is not the same as pure gyne.

Offline Study

• Posting Member

From the pics it seems to be about double of where you should have for a normal fit person working out and "body building". I'm betting in the high 20's%. Until you get that in check (diet & work out) you really don't know what your best options are. Pseudo Gyne is not the same as pure gyne.

I understand what your saying, however this is the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I have had this problem as long as I can remember. In grade school I remember trying to tape down my chest to look normal. I had my teenage growth spurt & I was tall & slim, still had a big chest. I'm not disagreeing with you/anyone that I need to loose weight (witch I am working on) but weight loss alone will not make my problem go away....is all I'm saying. I figured working out would @ least give me an excuse for having a big chest....but made it even bigger. So I'm slowly realizing a procedure of some sort might be my only option to a normal "rest" of my life....

Offline Rocky76

• Bronze Member

I understand what your saying, however this is the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I have had this problem as long as I can remember. In grade school I remember trying to tape down my chest to look normal. I had my teenage growth spurt & I was tall & slim, still had a big chest. I'm not disagreeing with you/anyone that I need to loose weight (witch I am working on) but weight loss alone will not make my problem go away....is all I'm saying. I figured working out would @ least give me an excuse for having a big chest....but made it even bigger. So I'm slowly realizing a procedure of some sort might be my only option to a normal "rest" of my life....

If this is the case then (which often is) then surgery may be needed to get the desired look your wishing for. I know that for me the more I worked out and trimmed up the more noticeable it got particularly when i raised my hands above my head.

Offline Study

• Posting Member

If this is the case then (which often is) then surgery may be needed to get the desired look your wishing for. I know that for me the more I worked out and trimmed up the more noticeable it got particularly when i raised my hands above my head.

Ok, Thanks for the response

I have an appointment for a consultation early next month....so I'll know exactly what my options are then, hopefully the cost will be in my means so I can move forward with my life.

Looking around this site, I've noticed the cost scale is far & wide, some people said that they paid as little as $3000 all the way to $11-$12,000 for generally the same procedure. I know they say that almost each case is unique & some Doc's are obviously better @ their jobs than others.....but there has to be more to it than that. Can anyone shed some light on this please, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like clarification on this. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024