Author Topic: I have gynecomastia, don't I ?..  (Read 4081 times)

Offline gynoexhibitor

Hi,

Here are some photos (I'm 21). I might seem to pack a bit of fat (12% BF), but I am on the track and field team in college and am 7th fastest person out of 6000 people. My chest is extremely solid when I flex (squeeze), the problem is that it doesn't show. As much as it disgusts me to say this, they feel "tender" when I'm on about normal daily activity. Over the last two years, this has begun to take an effect on how I behave and wear. I'm reaching a point where I wore a hoodie on a 137ºF day, and I don't like where this is heading.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:46:59 AM by gynoexhibitor »

Offline GQguy

• Posting Member
To be honest...I can't wait to get my surgery done so my chest looks like yours. I'm no expert but it could be gynecomastia....but a very mild case. I wouldn't imagine any doc that would work on you because the end result with the scar tissue and swelling would look worse than where you're at now. I'd suggest more upper body chest workouts and i'm pretty positive what you see will go away. Personally I see a normal chest.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
If you think you have gyne, you probably do....at least to some degree.  You do appear to have very slight breast contouring and enlarged nipples, which is not normal for a male.  That being said, your condition is very mild and would not likely be noticed through a shirt.  But you need to try to find the cause of it.

If you are experiencing tenderness and/or pain in your breasts, that is a sign that there is some type of active stimulation going on. Depending on how long you've noticed this, it's possible for it to be transient and go away.  If you've got some type of temporary hormone issue, it could stabilize and return to normal.  But if this has all been going on for some time, the odds of it "going away" decrease significantly.  I personally think exercise (especially new exercise programs) can spur hormone related issues.  I've just seen and heard of it too much.  Most doctors probably wouldn't agree with me. 

You may want to visit your doctor and at least ask to have your hormones checked just to rule that out as any potential problem.  Then, go with whatever their recommendations are.

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I mean the problem with most men with gynecomastia is that they have breasts. So if I told Beyonce to work her but off 2-5 hours a day, 7 days a week, would her breasts disappear?

I work out and it makes my nipples puffier and more full. I feel great working out, but my chest doesn't decrease in size.

Offline gynoexhibitorfollowup

I mean the problem with most men with gynecomastia is that they have breasts. So if I told Beyonce to work her but off 2-5 hours a day, 7 days a week, would her breasts disappear?

I work out and it makes my nipples puffier and more full. I feel great working out, but my chest doesn't decrease in size.

Just frickin work man... DO WHATEVER YOU CAN DO. IT IS BETTER THAN DOING NOTHING AT ALL. Go swim, enroll in a boxing class. Get punched in the face once or twice. Taste that blood and feel victorious. Feel like you're the man and nothing can stop you. Don't just sit here and whine about what is wrong with you. Frickin fix it!!!!!!!!

I bench 374 lbs, squat 462lbs, and deadlift 484lbs. I'm not a casual gym goer. I am on a scholarship which discounts 26000$ off my back per year because of the medals I bring my school. I worked out really REALLY REAAAALLLLYY hard to reach where I am. I didn't just hit the crosstrainer in my gym room while having it on low intensity and sipping on some juice.

I run 3560 meters on the cooper test (google it). I lift weights for 2 hours followed by 2 hours of cardio on an average day. I eat the right amount of food and watch my caloric intake. I conduct blood work every now and then to make sure I have everything in check. I don't just run on a treadmill for 40 minutes while holding the handle bars, go back home, look at myself in the mirror, cry, and order in some KFC. I WORKED FOR THIS AND I EARNED IT.

hammer

You know, that's nice that at 21 you can do all that! I could too, I had 22" biceps solid as a rock, could pick up the back end of a full size pickup truck, jump out of a helicopter with full SCUBA gear on, and that was just for starters!

You just like anyone else that does that will wake up one day with horrible back pain, and realize it was all stupid to show off all that muscle. Using the muscle between your ears is much smarter, take it from some one who has been there done that!

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
Bro, what is your point? There are many people here who have awesome bodies with gynecomastia - there are two separate things and it's not a one thing is right for all. Yes, encouraging people to work out (I'm a big Steve Maxwell fan, myself) is awesome. However, it is not a CURE for most. So your intentions are good but not sure what you're message is.

Most people here aren't staying in eating KFC like you said, and go to body building dot com and see some of the sculpted guys there with gyne.

man.. my point is to do your best and forget the rest. As you can see, best is underlined and in bold because I am stressing this word. Back when I thought I had a problem, I was looking through photos here in the forum, most (about 80-90%) of photos showed people who not just had a picture of their potential symptom, but also big bellys, love handles, etc. That's where I got the idea of going extreme and becoming an athlete. If you look at the general picture, I'm pretty sure you would agree that there is a strong correlation between fat and gyno. People who tend to have gyno are likely to have fat getting along with it.

What I'm saying is try to do your veeeerrrrrryyyy best before resorting to extreme measurements such as surgery. If you wake up one day, look in the mirror, see 6-pack abs, pumped arms, huge traps, and a thick neck PLUS gyno, that would be the right time to call a doctor, but other than that, I suggest you get yourself a gym membership :)  

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
Are you suggesting that I get a gym membership or the board, because you know what they say about assumptions. :)

I happen to agree with a lot of what you are saying. No love handles, etc, for me.

haha no im not pointing at you. Im generally stating. :)

Offline go away

• Posting Member
i am also 21 and i guess i also have almost same condition as urs.i have posted my photo check them out

hammer

If you go and google gynecomastia and do the research on what causes gyne you will find that you don't need to be fat to get it! Yes, it is most prominent in heavy people, however, there are more then one thing that causes gyne! I am not going to take the time to type it all out for you here, but I did do the research myself, hormone imbalance do to lost of testicles is the cause of mine going WAY out of hand, even though I had a mild case before that.

It may behoove you to take the time to do the reading to better understand the condition that you are afflicted with!

Offline riot1234

• Posting Member
lol yes you do have mild gyno like myself.... dude all your "internet stats" dont mean anything, how far you can run or the fact you can lift 6 cars.... will not change your gyne... if it bothers you that much get surgery...i do agree that anyone who has gyno should drop as much fat as possible to really assess how much  is actually gyne and not just fat. Basically get surgery or have a good body with man boobs.

I have had a decent 6 pack before and it doesn't make the gyne look any better.  I would rather hide it amongst a layer of fat. For all the stats you are dropping you don't have an insane physique... just an average joe...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024