Author Topic: Any ideas to improve diet?  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Hi,
I've been dieting hard and exercising hard for 7 months, but I'm getting a bit frustrated with how slowly I'm loosing weight.
you can see my photos in this thread:
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23913.0

Here's what I've been doing for 3 days of the week
(On the other 4 days, there's no kickboxing class, and I have steak instead of chicken for dinner)

Is there anything obvious that I could change to get better / faster results?

7am
1 cup black coffee no sugar
2 eggs, scrambelled with 1 tomato sliced
half a pint of Pomegranate Juice
1 Multi vitamin tablet

9.30am
One cup green tea
One apple
One banana

12pm
One grilled chicken breast (bought pre-cooked)
Half cup of brocolli (boiled the night before)
Half cup of peas (bioled the night before)
Half cup of cauliflower (boiled the night before)

1.30pm
One banana

3pm - Work out (30mins intense cardio / circuits, 30mins weights or calisthenics)

4.30pm
1 scoop of Low carb protien shake with water

7pm - Kickboxing class (10mins circuit training, 10mins stretching, 40mins kickboxing)

8.30pm
One grilled chicken breast
half cup of brocolli
half cup of peas
half cup of cauliflower

11.30 - 7am - Sleep

(edit - during the last 7 months, I have been drinking - on average 4 beers & 2 bottles of wine a week. The trouble was it would be mostly in one go - 4 beers on a thursday night, one bottle of wine on Friday night, one bottle of wine on saturday night.
I stopped that 2 weeks ago.)
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Drop the chicken and/or  steak down to two nights each and have a fish fillet each of the other three days.

I dont fry or grill my fish, I poach it in a bit of lemon or orange juice.

You make no mention of toppings for your veggies & etc. Butter, margerine or oil can add up quickly. I'll add a bit of cornstarch, pre moistened with cold water to avoid lumps, to my cooking liquid then use an imitation butter flavor. It has a taste and feel similar to butter but much less calories.

I found that my portion size was way off so I started measuring things, It could be your eyes are decieving you as well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the reply.
That's good advice, but I've never liked fish. I'm no allergic to it, AFAIK, I just find that fishy smell & taste turns my stomach.

I don't have toppings or sauces on my veggies anymore.
I take my lunch into work in a small tupperware container, and there's usually a little of the water the veggies were boiled in at the bottom which helps to keep them moist. Before I was having a ceasar salad everyday, with about a tablespoon of creamy dressing. I switched that for chicken & veggies about a month ago.

Also, the pre-cooked chicken breasts I was using have the skin on them, so I've switched to a different variety which doesn't. I find the meat on these a bit drier, but I just put a lemon wedge in, and sqeeze it over the chicken before I eat it.

You're right about the portion sizes. The portions I was easting were usually about double the size of my fist, so I've halved them.

Thanks again!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024