Author Topic: Surgeons in Ontario, Canada  (Read 1772 times)

Offline gynecomastiasucksbigtime

Hello, I am a 16 year old male with gynecomastia. Ever since I have been aware of my gynecomastia, it has been ruining my life. I refuse to do things I used to do, such as going outside and hanging out with friends, etc. I have also become severely depressed and often think about commiting suicide as it gets so hard some times. I have been to 2 surgeons so far, and both have told me that I am too young to be operated on. I do not know how long I will last with gynecomastia, so I decided it was best to come here. So, my question is:

Are there any surgeons in Ontario, Canada that would be able to perform an operation on me (seeing as I am only 16 years of age?) Both of my parents are fully supportive and are just as willing as me to do anything to get rid of my gynecomastia as it is ruining my life. I am worried for my life and happiness, so please if you have any information or you know of a surgeon in Ontario, Canada who would be willing to perform surgery on a 16 year old please reply ASAP. Thank you all for your time!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I do not believe that a 16 year old young man with gynecomastia should be denied surgery solely due to his age.

If you have had the condition for two or more years, and if it has been stable, and if there are no other symptoms that might indicate a hormonal problem, then you would be a candidate for surgery.

I have operated on several hundred adolescent boys, from age 12-18, and not one has had any recurrence of his problem.  In my opinion, making a teen wait until the magic age of 18, when suddenly his gyne will spontaneously disappear, is simply ludicrous.

If your search for a plastic surgeon in Ontario should be fruitless, I would be pleased to consider you for surgery.  Just send me a PM.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024