Author Topic: fat redistribution question  (Read 3422 times)

Offline ihatepropecia

• Posting Member
Ok so this has been on my mind lately. I found out that after lipo surgery, you have less fat cells in the area of the procedure so your body stores fat elsewhere.  I had lipo on my mild case of gyno plus gland excision.  I think (though it may be in my head) that my body is now storing more fat in my back. I had the surgery at 180lbs. My ideal weight is 165lbs.  I weigh 175-180 lately. so a couple questions about this:

Is it ok that I had my surgery at 180?
Would there have been much difference if I had it done at 165lbs?
if 165lbs is my ideal, very lean body weight, will my fat distribution work itself out if I get back down to that weight?

Thanks for any help, I'm pretty paranoid about this. I want some peace of mind to know that I didn't make any terrible decisions.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If this is your greatest worry, then I suspect you are among the most fortunate of men.

Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
i don't think it really 'redistributes', i think its more perception. if your moobs where your prior judgement of the point where you say "damn im fat", if they are gone your reference will be totally different.

so if you get to that point at 180 with moobs but have them removed, then when you get back to that same 180 on the scale your fatter than you were previously at 180 b/c you've had your moobs removed so the excess fat on arms/legs/back/gut/whatever is more noticable b/c the fat that would have accumulated in your chest previously is NOT being accumulated now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024