Author Topic: Dr. Jacobs and others...Please tell me gyno or fat?  (Read 2366 times)

Offline gyno40

I've always had a soft chest - I'm an Islander so I know for a fact that most of us have soft chest tissue. I've worked out most my life - I've lost 70 lbs so far and I'm down to 204lbs. I've been thinking about surgery or just keep trying to lost weight and get down to 180lbs. But still wants to know if this is fat or gyno? and which kind of surgery is best. I was even thinking about a pec implant?

The 1st pic I was 274lbs

The 2nd pic is current 204lbs after I lost 70lbs.

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
Welcome to the forum

Congrats! loosing 70lbs is a great start, Keep on loosing that fat! It is not wise to consider surgery until you have reached a healthy weight and are able to maintain it for at least a year or more.

Your chest consist of a mixture of too much fat and gland.

I am afraid that after loosing weight you probably will have lax skin and might need skin removal. That will leave scars.
I would say that Dr Jacobs has the best results that I have seen regarding your kind of case.

But remember you are not a god candidate right now.

Offline gyno40

Thanks Viking....I want to lost at least 24 more pounds and get down to about 180 or even 175 :) I really can't see myself going any lower than that lol - I've always had that soft chest even when I was a teenager at 140lbs :(

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
congrats on the weight loss--that's quite an accomplishment.

Regarding the surgery, yeah, I think you're going to need it down the road.  I'd focus on hitting your weight loss goals first and then reassessing.

good luck. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Congratulations on your weight loss -- quite an accomplishment.  You are now healthier and should be feeling generally better.

If you do plan to lose more weight, then do it before contemplating any surgery.

Once you are at a stable and comfortable weight, you could consider surgery to remove the remaining tissue, remove any excess stretched-out skin and elevate the nipples to a more normal place on your chest.  That is a different type of surgery than is used for most gyne -- we generally count on the skin's natural elasticity to create the improvement after tissue is removed with minimal scars.  In your case, that technique would probably not work.  Rather, you would need more extensive surgery -- which will leave more scars.  You would have to decide if having a smaller, tighter and more contoured chest is worth trading for a few scars.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline gyno40

Thanks - I really don't mind the scars - as long as I have the right shape for my chest - what's the name of the surgery I may need Doc? I believe I'll be ready by March 2012

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are probably looking at a bilateral simple mastectomy and free nipple graft -- but that depends upon what you look like after you have lost all your weight.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024