Author Topic: Its mild but should i get surgery?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline ACtitans

I have the gland and it pushes out my aerola slightly, how noticable is it?  I might just let my mind wander since im sooo fixated on it

Offline thenewguy2012

• Posting Member
a) cant see the picture

b) surgery is really how u feel about the gyne and whether it bothers u and affects u day to day. If you have no problem with it then save your money

mine is mild but i am seeing a PS and want to have surgery to feel better about myself and enjoy a happy life.

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
I am struggling with this as well.

I have a very mild case. The choices are to either live with what no one else would probably notice or go through with surgery. However, the downside to having surgery with a very mild case is your expectations are much different than someone with a severe case.  I wouldn't say perfection, but pretty close, and for $5000 or much more for a mild case depending on where you live, that's a reasonable expectation, at least from my perspective.

However, this procedure is generally a very useful tool for men with severe gynecomastia/puffy nipples. Those with mild cases are in a tough spot because it's not that bad in the first place.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While the mechanism of healing is the same in all of us, We all heal a bit differently. Some of us form more scar tissue than others. Some heal faster. The list of variables is long.

The expectations are different as well. A person with very slight breast enlargement may be looking for perfection and perfect symmetry. The truth is that mirror image symmetry is rare surgery or no. Another man with profoundly enlarged breasts might be overjoyed simply to get several pounds of surplus tissue off his chest.

The ultimate questions have to be: "How much does this impact my life? and Will the surgery change that for the better?" No one can answer those questions for you, These are decisions you must make for yourself.

We hear from men who describe their surgery as being totally liberating and others who go back for multiple revisions chasing a fictitious standard of perfection.

I guess the hardest part is that you should know yourself and have realistic expectations.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024