Author Topic: Surgery Dr. Karidis Thursday 29th March 2012  (Read 7547 times)

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Re: Surgery Dr. Karidis Thursday 29th March 2012
Hi Dexs, that was some read...

i'm glad the op went well for you. 

I dont' know if i should be worried or take it as a compliment that the first thing you thought about was me when you woke up lol :-p..

I doubt if they are on any kind of budget....Mr Kardis is probably clearing around 30k a day...imagine that...working 6 days..I wouldn't mind earning 150k+ a week...

how's your recovery going?

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Hey,

I think Karidis only performs surgey on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.  The remaining days are for consultations and follow ups.  So still clearing a good amount of money and in my opinion he deserves it as the results are amazing.

My recovery is going well and apart of the slight discomfort of the vest no real pain.  I haven't taken any pain killers so far and I can't feel any fluid build up.

I do have some bruising but this doesn't hurt.  Obviously I'm fully prepared for the journey ahead so will take each day as it comes.

As for waking up post GA I really did think "bloody zm was right it really was a blink of an eye" just goes g show that posts from people who have been through the process do help. 

I hope my story inspires others to just go for it as this is the only solution.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Hi Dexs,

Thanks for your supportive messages and clarifying the check in procedure, this definitely helps. I called the office today and they have received the blood tests. They said the nurse would call me if there was any problems. I advised them that surgery aside, there were some items on the test that were concerning me and maybe I should send them onto my GP. I was advised the nurse would let me know if there was anything to worry about. Maybe I am stressing too much.

Good luck with the recovery.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Breastman, I think you are just stressing and if there was anything serious or obvious they would have called you back that day.  As I mentioned I was in a similar boat due my gallstones skewing my bloods.  However I was just being paranoid and when I spoke to karidis about this he said it was nothing t worry about.

Don't read too much on the Internet about your results.  I did the same and I read all sorts of crap that got me really scared and was not even releavsnt to my condition, which was as smmple as having gallstones.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Dexs,

Turns out I was stressing for no reason...I called Karidis's office a few days ago and they advised that everything was fine with the blood tests. The just told me that the nurse has advised that I need to drink more water...

hope your recovery is going well.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Great news breastman glad it all worked  out in the end.

I'm day 8 since surgery.  I'm getting used to the vest and my mobility is much better.  My left side feels ,ore swollen than my right side but overall still looking really flat.

Obviously when the scar tissue starts to develop it will be a different set of emotions.  However at the moment im really happy with the results.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Hi All,

So I'm almost 2 months since surgery and everything is going great.  I did have some scar tissue, which i massage as much as i can but to be honest i dont do it every day.  However i think i have been lucky as my scar tissue has not been too bad.   When i feel some bumps i usually massage pretty hard on this area and this seems to sort it out.

My chest is flat and looks very natural, although i do think my left side is a tiny bit bigger than the right but this doesnt bother me as i know over time it will all work out.

The best thing i did was to have surgery and I wish I had done it sooner.  I've just returned back from holiday and I was a different person.  Swimming with my mates, wearing t-shirts etc without being paranoid was just great.

I've started training really hard to shift the excess weight.  I have to say I now focus so much on my belly that i'm determined to loose the weight as i cant use the moobs as an excuse.

For those of you in two minds about surgery, i would advise just do it.  Its the best thing i did and it really has changed my life. 

I will soon (once I have lost this belly) post some pics, which hopefully will inspire people to take the step of surgery.  If you read my past post you'll see how much of a pussy i really am.  However if i can do it then anyone can.

Good luck to all those who have surgery booked in 2012.

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
good story dexs. i am 8 days post op and things are going well apart from this bloody vest. i cant wait until tuesday when i can take it off during the day

i also stayed in a 4 star hotel in lancaster gate. which one were you in? i was in the hyde park premier

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Sparta the vest is annoying for but well worth it for the final result so hang in there.  You'll see a big difference as it does help the scar tissue and fluid channels to drain. 

I also stayed at the Hyde Park Premier paid about £60 i think for the night and so easy to get to St Johns & Liz as it's a couple of stops away so was pretty stress free on the morning of the surgery.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
God I cant believe its been over 4 months already.  Things are great I do have some scar tissue and I do massage now and again and it seems to help heaps.  Very please with the results although i think my left hand side could be a bit more flatter.  I'm being extra critical here.

I'm going to have to post some more recent pics to show your guys the amazing results.  It's the best £5k i ever spent!

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
How you doing.. Nearly a year on for you. Any pictures?

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Re: Surgery Dr. Karidis Thursday 29th March 2012 - 1 year on
Hey,

SP yep it was a year last week since my op.  I have too say its the best decision i made and it has changed my life.  If you are in two minds right now i would say just do it.  I was 32 when i got this done and I wish i had it done in my 20's. 

The only thing i now worry about is the size of my belly.  I have to admit I have put on some weight this past year and now when i try on clothes its not the moobs i focus on anymore but my belly.  The good news is I can lose weight by making lifestyle changes, which i have started so i'm hoping to post a pic once i have lost some weight.

I also didnt massage every night as you should, so i do have some small scar tissue developed on the left pec.  Again it doesnt bother me but I'm thinking is it too late now and if i started massaging it now? would it make a difference?  I am still flat but it would be nice just to even the scar tissue out a little and thats me being critical.

Hope its going well for all you guys

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Great to see the forums are still going.  I'm 3 years since the op and it's changed my life for the better.  For those who are undecided, my advice would be to go for it.  I wish I had this done in my 20's.  
All the best to everyone 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024