Author Topic: Gyno returning  (Read 3726 times)

Offline nomoretits

• Posting Member
I had bilateral gynecomastia (removal of the gland and very small amount of lipo) surgery done a little over a year and a half ago.  I was reasonably happy with the results after about a year but it seems like it’s starting to come back on my right side (nowhere near as bad as it originally was, but definitely doesn’t look as good as it did a few months ago), which is the side that it was more prevalent on to start with.  Sometimes it seems worse than other times.

Unfortunately, I currently do not have health insurance so I can’t really get my hormone panel checked.  I have a pretty healthy diet.  Main staples are organic grass-fed beef, eggs and butter from pasture raised cows, coconut oil, usually have at least a pound of veggies a day and a decent amount of fruit.  Pretty much only drink water, coffee and tea.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling/size of the gland?  I was thinking about using a few different anti-aromatase supplements to reduce estrogen.  Already picked up some DIM and am taking that and psyllium husks and was looking at getting some Calcium d-glucarate.
Basically, any advice on reducing the appearance of Gyno (besides getting surgery again) that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Offline xelnaga13

Do you have itchy or painful nipples? Those are signs that the remaining breast tissue is being activated by excess estrogen. If you are not experiencing those symptoms you MAY be experiencing scar tissue build up.

Scar tissue can make a patient look as if they never had their gyno removed in the first place. This would be an issue to bring up with your surgeon. Possible solutions include kenalog shots to shrink the scar tissue. I have used this options with fantastic results.

Antiestrogens/estrogen blockers such as arimidex and nolvadex are a slippery slope with out a proper hormone planel.

Offline nomoretits

• Posting Member
Hey man, thanks for the reply.

My nipples are not painful or itchy. Also to clear things up, I meant to say anti-aromatase supplements.  Not AI's.  stuff like DIM, calcium d-glucarate, etc..

As far as scar tissue - do you think that would happen this late after surgery?  Right side of my chest definitely looked better a few months ago..

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Not an expert but have some experience, even with the use of actual medical drugs (AI) the results may not be favorable. If you are asking if there are all natural supplements you can take instead, I would say the answer is no.

Have you ever had a hormone panel taken to look at your T and E levels?

Offline nomoretits

• Posting Member
I did have my hormone panel taken but not lately.

Last time was late January of 2011

My Test, serum was - 471 ng/dl (249-836)
Prolactin - 7.6 ng/ml (4.0-15.2)
Estradiol - 31.2 pg/ml (7.6-42.6)

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
I would get another test. Your E2 is on the high end. You can order your test online for about 50.00. PM if you need me to point you in the right direction.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024