Author Topic: New...Do I have gynecomastia..Rate 1- 5  (Read 2020 times)

Offline gggyyynnn

• Posting Member
Weight :180 lbs.
Height : 6'1.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, you have it. As to rating how bad it is, I do not do that. The reason is actually very simple. If the condition is having a negative impact on your self image then it is bad. If it is not having a significant effect on your self image then it is not bad. The size of the breasts is not important, the impact is the only measure that makes any sense. You are the only person capable of rating your condition.

I have managed to ignore mine most of the time. For some people this works and others find this to be impossible.
Grandpa Dan

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You have a pretty classic case of gynecomastia.  If it's stable, and it's bothering you, you should consider surgery.  Try to find a qualified, experienced plastic surgeon in your area.

Good luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline gggyyynnn

• Posting Member
When you say "classic", is it mild or severe?

Is surgery the only possible solution.

Can anyone give an estimate of the surgery cost?

Is it covered by insurance. I got United health Care Insurance.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I would say a moderate case.  You appear to be a little overweight.  If you lost some weight your chest would improve some, but you'll still have breast tissue present.  If you've had this for awhile, surgery is most likely the only way to remedy it.

Regarding cost, that varies with geographic area.  Talk to a few plastic surgeons in your area.

Dr. Pope, MD

Offline gggyyynnn

• Posting Member
I agree that cost varies with geographic area.

Can anyone give a rough estimate....I mean the range of cost....I think the cost doesnot vary too much with geographical area. :)

Offline gggyyynnn

• Posting Member

I have had this for the past 10 years....Just got fed up with it...Not able to hide even with a sleeves shirt.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024