Author Topic: Saw surgeon today  (Read 1794 times)

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
Just came home after consultation with plastic surgeon. This is the third surgeon I've seen now.

The first surgeon only takes out the gland (this is free operation, but I decided not to do it because I think only removal of gland will solve only part of the problem. And not only that, the surgeon does the operation twice, one breast and then wait 1 month to do the other breast, sounded weird to me).

The second surgeon (public hospital) said "we can't do the surgery, you are a too mild of a case to get this done/paid by public health care system. "You should see a shrink instead if you have problems with your look". What an idiot.

The third surgeon was today and this guy has a good reputation with female breast surgeries. Not too sure how well he knows gynecomastia though. When I asked how often he does this kind of surgery he said "oh, I can't really answer that..." Don't know if that means he's done ten or hundreds...

Anyway, to the problem:
The surgeon I saw today seems competent, BUT, he only does lipo for gynecomastia surgeries he told me. He will do an incision in the armpits and remove the fat with something called "body jet". He has worked at the public hospital and said that removal of gland with incision under nipple is not to be preferred, and said it is a dumb idea to do so since he has seen so many bad to half-bad results from it.
He said that some breast tissue is coming out with the lipo, is this even possible?  ???

He gave me a price and now I have to decide if I should go with it or not. So please help me, is only "body jet liposuction" going to help my gynecomastia you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:30:01 AM by Supersonic123 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Body jet lipo is a new variation in liposuction.  Imagine a high pressure water jet which breaks up fat globules -- and then the water/fat is suctioned away.  It does work on fat -- but not on solid breast tissue.  In my opinion, it would not effectively deal with your gyne.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Supersonic123

• Bronze Member
Thanks doctor, I guess I will be looking for another surgeon who is willing to do both! It's seems hard finding competent gynecomastia surgeons in Sweden... :/
I wish I had the money to go to the states and get it done by "real" gynecomastia surgeon like yourself but that's impossible for a student like myself.
Damn this gynecomastia to hell...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024