Author Topic: From your experience, is this worth getting surgery done?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline LawBringerSR2

Hey everyone,

I recently just posted in the "ask a doctor" section, in which the doctor believes that I have Gynecomastia...Now I'm curious to hear the opinion and find out if you guys think it's worth getting the surgery over.

I'm a 23 year old male living in Orlando, FL. I'm 6'1 and I weight 180 lbs. I used to be overweight (240 lbs) but began to lose said weight with Cardio and weight lifting about a year ago. I still maintain a regular work out routine.

While I understand the decision is up to me and how I feel about it, I'm simply more curious about your opinions about my situation. It may help me come to a better conclusion. So, I ask you all: Do you think it looks prominent enough to put down the money for surgery?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With your recent significant weight loss, you are left with some sagging skin. This is evident on your chest and lower abdomen. Give it a bit more time to see if the skin will shrink any further. You may ultimately want surgery, but do not get too impatient.

Congratulations on the weight loss.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

There was a time when men had pecs, and they looked a lot like what you have but more defined! I don't know what  happen to having pecs? Everyone wants to have chest that are as flat as a 1x10 pine board. Well to each his own, but I have seen a lot of posters that seem to be unhappy after surgery, so if you decide to do that, do your research!

As far as I am concern having breast never got in my way! I am happily married, father of five and third grandchild on the way. The choice is yours, good luck with what ever you decide.

Bob aka Hammer

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Bro u look like u have a buff chest like the man hammer was saying, congrats on the weight loss your at a healthy weight so be proud of that. I guess u may have some skin from the weight loss so check with your doc and see

Offline LawBringerSR2

Thanks for your opinions guys,

Honestly, it was a real eye opener. As someone who was significantly overweight I wasn't used to receiving positive feedback about my appearance. Considering all the hard work I put into losing the unhealthy weight, you can imagine my frustration when I found out that I may have a condition which would prevent me from achieving a body image I'd be personally satisfied with.

I believe I might have been seeing something that wasn't exactly there, or at least mistaking the loose skin with gynecomastia.

Thanks guys. 

Offline art

• Posting Member
In my opinion, your chest doesn't look bad at all.  They are not protruding out like feminine breasts, they look like pecs.  I'm not an expert, but if you keep up with upper body exercises, your chest will become more defined.

Offline TigerPaws

Son, you have nothing to be concerned about, move on with your life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024