Author Topic: Confirmed Gyno, but how bad is it really?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline kiwi00

I've had gyno confirmed by a doc, as the result of Low T. I'm still getting pain in my chest, so I think it might still get getting worse. I have a follow up appointment in about 1 month.

In the meantime I'm feeling very self conscious of my chest. I also have pectus excavatum which makes it look worse. I need to decide if I should pursue surgery over it...

I would appreciate any feedback.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would agree that it is not bad but looks worse becuse of the Pectus excavitum. I am curious about your height and weight. I am also wondering if you have had any kind of genetic testing.Relatively speaking, is your height normal for your family or are you significantly taller than most members of your family?
Grandpa Dan

Offline kiwi00

I was tested for Klinefelters when I saw the Endo about the gynocomastia. The genetic tests came back fine, only issue is the low T.

I'm about 5'8, 150lbs.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Very good, the worst things have already been eliminated.

The pictures leave a lot to be desired as the contour of your chest is such that the breasts are accentuated to a degree. Photographs do not tell the real story in any case.

Some men simply ignore the condition and get on with their lives while others suffer. it is not the size that matters but the emotional impact.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member

Klinefelters is hardly the worst possibility.

kiwi- I presume the endo checked your testicles? How about your pituitary- were those hormone levels checked, along with thyroid / adrenals?

hammer

Klinefelters is hardly the worst possibility.

kiwi- I presume the endo checked your testicles? How about your pituitary- were those hormone levels checked, along with thyroid / adrenals?

Some very good points! My testicles had died after a vasectomy causing pain, but SOME doctors just said take aspirin, and acted as if I was insane! After two years it was finally figured out at the U of M pain clinic but the damage was done! I already had gynecomastia but the boobs grow out of control during the two years of not knowing what was going on!

The good side of this was they discovered I was diabetic, and had a blood disorder that masked diabetes, so I have gone for at least 20 years untreated!

Bottom line is, don't give up trying to find out the what, why and how! You may have something going on that needs to be addressed!

Good luck,

Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024