Author Topic: My Gynecomastia  (Read 5542 times)

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
Hey everyone, What's up?

This is my gynecomastia, I'm at my goal weight at around 200lbs and I'm 6'4, so there's not much more weight for me to lose, and building muscle alone will not fix this. I need help guys, serious help. It's taken a lot of courage for me to share this. I'm trying my best to deal with it, but as some of you know. Gynecomastia is so hard to live with.

Have an awesome day,
Chris

hammer

Yes, it can be very hard to accept but today you can have surgery to get it removed!

You have a case that will probably need nipple placement that may leave some scaring, however I am not sure hopefully a doctor may give his opinion here about that.

You came to the right place as we are all in the same boat. Some of us have learn to live with it, other get surgery, and some would like to get the surgery at some point, but we are here for each other!

Welcome,

Bob aka Hammer

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
Thank you so much Bob for this warm welcome. Means a lot to me.  :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Good Question and good response. I just wanted to bump it back up to the top of the pile.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your problem, after having lost weight, is that your skin has stretched out.  You are now left with lots of loose skin and nipples which are way too low.  The best treatment would be to remove the skin and re-position the nipples.  This type of procedure will leave scars -- but those scars will be a trade-off for a trimmer and more contoured shape.  And, the scars eventually fade.

I have photos of a patient very similar to you on my website (see URL below).  Check out patient number 94 in my photo gallery.

Yes, there is hope.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
Your problem, after having lost weight, is that your skin has stretched out.  You are now left with lots of loose skin and nipples which are way too low.  The best treatment would be to remove the skin and re-position the nipples.  This type of procedure will leave scars -- but those scars will be a trade-off for a trimmer and more contoured shape.  And, the scars eventually fade.

I have photos of a patient very similar to you on my website (see URL below).  Check out patient number 94 in my photo gallery.

Yes, there is hope.

Dr Jacobs

Thank you Dr. Jacobs,

Patient 85 just about had me in tears, what an amazing transformation. :D

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Congratulations on the weight loss.  I agree with Dr. Jacobs.  You're going to need repositioning of the nipple/areolas after removal of all of the extra skin.  It looks in the photo like you also have a lot of excess abdominal wall skin as well.  It's not uncommon to perform the chest wall surgery and the abdominoplasty at the same time.

Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of gynecomastia surgery.  Best of luck-

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline p90xblackman

• Posting Member
Congrads bro on the weight loss!!! Thats a huge deal. Your doing it the right way. How much did you weigh in the beginning of your weight loss? what did you do to loose the weight? How long did it take? Im 6'4 as well. My goal weight is 220 from 300.

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
Congrads bro on the weight loss!!! Thats a huge deal. Your doing it the right way. How much did you weigh in the beginning of your weight loss? what did you do to loose the weight? How long did it take? Im 6'4 as well. My goal weight is 220 from 300.

Thanks, I started at 330lbs and it took me a little over a year to lose the weight. I just recently had a tummy tuck. BUT I'm dying to get my chest reconstructive surgery. I feel like my life won't truly begin until I'm over this hump. It's a terrible way to think, but it's the truth. Anyway, I wish you so much success on your weightloss journey! You can do it! :-)

• Supporting Doctors
You'll feel great once you've had the chest surgery too.  I usually do that at the same time as the body lift or tummy tuck, but different surgeons do it different ways, and much depends on the patient's overall health.

Good luck with the second procedure; you'll be glad when it's behind you.

Dr. Pope, MD

Offline ready2013

• Posting Member
Great Job on the weightloss so far. You are mentally tougher than you think. Youve kept yourself motivated during your weightloss while not seeing your ideal body everday in the mirror. You are to be commended for that!

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
Great Job on the weightloss so far. You are mentally tougher than you think. Youve kept yourself motivated during your weightloss while not seeing your ideal body everday in the mirror. You are to be commended for that!

Thank you, when I'm feeling down I always try and remind myself how far I've come. ;)

Offline ahoychrispineda

• Posting Member
    • Ahoy, Chris Pineda!
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=26354.msg175927#msg175927 date=1355628558]
You'll feel great once you've had the chest surgery too.  I usually do that at the same time as the body lift or tummy tuck, but different surgeons do it different ways, and much depends on the patient's overall health.

Good luck with the second procedure; you'll be glad when it's behind you.

Dr. Pope, MD
[/quote]

I certainly hope so! Hey If you can lend me your professional opinion on the matter, do you think that my case is serious enough as to where insurance would pay for my surgery?

Thanks so much!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, your case is a surgical challenge.  However, in my experience, insurance companies are loathe to cover this type of gyne surgery because they consider it cosmetic. 

Occasionally, they may cover tummy tuck type of surgery (after significant weight loss) because theoretically the hanging abdomen can affect function (one's walking ability, etc).  Not so for lax breast tissue.

Dr Jacobs

• Supporting Doctors
I've never seen insurance companies cover this.  It's purely cosmetic, in my experience.

Dr. Pope, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024