Author Topic: Crater Deformity - Surgery Done from India needs Rivsion - Pls Suggest.  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Mr_Crater

Hello experts,

I underwent surgery back in 2005. I did not have very bad case but the surgeon did extract a lot of tissue. The crater in the Left is deeper extending beyond the nipple region; the crater in Right is confined to the nipple region.

Please check the photos attached for the left chest.
(Pic1 - Front Normal)
(Pic2 - Arm Raised)
(Pic3 - Flexed)

Please suggest:

1). From the looks of the crater - can it be fixed?
2). What will be the best method to improve this.
3). And what should be my expectations from the revision (if possible). Can this be totally flatten out giving a natural contour to my chest without any further complications.

Thanks and I would sincerely request for an honest advice.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, most probably this can be fixed.  You would require subcutaneous fat flaps to fill in the craters -- and these can be provided by the surrounding tissues.

Best to consult with a very experienced gyne surgeon for this.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
It looks like what happened to me. I have all my photos over in my MICGILLIS STORY in the STORY forum.

gynecomastia.org/smf/2/mcgilli's-story-before-after-1st-surgery-before-2nd-surgery/

But essentially after my surgery, one of my nipples attached itself to my pec I guess.

I just had a revision last week, and the first order was to cut it off of the pec and then get some fat under it.

Personally I didn't mind it toooo much... except when I flexed, then all the skin around it would bunch up.

But I did like how it was so flush against my pec. Looked good in an athletic compression shirt.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:05:48 PM by McGilli »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024