Author Topic: 1 year after initial, 6 months after touch-up, and 70 lbs later. WIN!!! (w pics)  (Read 9574 times)

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
I'll start off by posting a few pics before I get in to my story in the next post, along with some more pics... Only 4 per post.

Here's pics of before, after the first surgery (not much weight loss), and after the touch up surgery (70 lbs weight loss). You can see with the touch up surgery she basically extended the scars and removed more skin on the flanks. She also extended the cuts towards the middle of my chest to remove the dog ears, and even out the tissue on my right breast.

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
OK I'm not trying to brag or anything in this post, I'm just extremely happy with the results of not only the double mastectomy and free nipple graft which I got a year ago (and subsequent touch up surgery 6 months later), but my weight loss in general (which was just from dieting and exercise, but mostly dieting haha). I'm not trying to be cocky either, I know my body is far from perfect and I will also need a tummy tuck eventually, as well as an eye lift, but that's besides the point. Just making these disclaimers before I sound like a total douche. :)

When I sought out the surgery I never ever EVER thought I could have achieved the results that I have now. I simply wanted to look decent. I thought if I lost weight after I might look OK. I'm not trying to be cocky but I now pass for "hot". Women give me looks every where I go. Even the hotties wanna get to know me. Every day I wake up feeling like its all a dream and I'm going to wake up  any minute. Girls love my chest now. My pecs stick out and girls love rubbing on them. Women DONT EVEN CARE that I had the surgery, I tell every girl I am with. They just don't give a shit and think my chest is sexy now. They arent just saying that because they are always feeling up on my pecs lol. The scars are still fading, but almost all girls I have been with lately (OK i was a naughty boy for a while haha)say they didnt even notice the scars until after I told them.

I had my surgery done by Helen James at Bellingham Plastic Surgery in Bellingham, WA, without doing much shopping first.I took a gamble on her because she was the first person I consulted and she was able to get my insurance to approve the procedure! I had no savings at the time, and truthfully I didnt give a damn if the results were perfect, I just wanted the breasts gone. I figured if i looked half way decent in a shirt I'd be happy.

It was still really nerve wracking though, because Dr. James had no before or after picture of this procedure. However she had a good reputation around town and my private doctor had recommended her, so I decided to take the plunge.

However I was 240 lbs at the time. The results were decent at first but i was dissapointed that I still had a very fatty chest, and the right side still had some overhang. My chest was wayyy better than before, but still pretty unnatural looking and looked bad under a tight fitting shirt when I took the compression garment off.

However I later came to realize that Dr. James had actually done a great job leaving enough fat on my chest to match the rest of my body. She told me that I will lose fat on my chest at the same rate as the rest of my body.

Now that the boobs were gone I was able to have the self confidence to go to the gym. No way would I have gone before. NO FRIGGIN WAY would I have been seen on an elliptical with a t-shirt with my boobs flopping around. Now I wear a skin tight under armor shirt!

Anyways I dropped about 45 pounds and looked way better. Around this time I got touch up surgery, which was actually planned from the start by my surgeon. She's a little unconventional, but has found through experience that for her its best to plan one doing 2 procedures. The second was under only local anesthetic, and she only had me pay like $200 to cover her costs. Really spectular results after the second surgery (and no drains were required), but my flanks looked SOOO much better. They were actually kind of saggy before, could see some side boob but the front boob was gone basically. I looked kinda weird in a tight t-shirt. now all that has been remedied!

OK I'll post some more pics before I continue with the story, and the psychological healing and body image issues that I've had to get over. Here's some more pics I took this week showing my chest as it is now...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:05:43 AM by Cant_Believe_It »

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
So to continue on with my story.... I had tried to hide my man boobs my whole life be wearing the right clothes and slouching. I had atleast C cups but hid them decently some of the time. Unfortunately this caused the facet joints in my upper back to completely lock up and lose mobility. It caused me tons of back pain, especially in the past few years. I was misdiagnosed by a chiropractor a year ago (again I would never have gone to a chiro with man boobs), but they gave me the right treatment anyway i found out. I needed to have the facet joints broken loose with quick, hard thrusts (sounds dirty). However eventually the pain became unbearable and I had to stop going. Eventually I figured out what was ACTUALLY wrong with my back, saw my doc, and she said I should start going to a different chiro as well as a physical therapist. Instead I just started bending my back over bars at work over and over again in the right spot. Eventually it "broke the joints free" and I gained full mobility finally a month ago. However its still a battle. Some days it tries to lock up. I have to stretch it a lot every day. I didnt stretch for 4 days and woke up in agonizing pain with it locked up again, and it took about half the next day to finally free it up. Anyways I am simply ecstatic that the stretches in conjunction with keeping a correct posture (my chest is puffed out all the time now... and it sticks out more than my belly, but its actual MUSCLE sticking out now!). I feel that my back will continue to get better and better. I feel I dont really need a therapist (havent had time to go anyway), because my own treatments are working :D.

Anyway, before you're thinking I'm so lucky that my insurance approved me for surgery... Well they ended up denying me after the fact, because my BMI was too high. It's funny because I had actually got down to 190 lbs a year before the surgery, but gained back to 240 because it was just too weird being skinny-ish with huge man boobs! It was better being fat with boobs, because at least it was more normal. Regardless, it was great that the insurance told the surgeon to proceed initially, because of this I was able to get the surgery even though I had no money for it (but I finally made the last payment to pay it off last month!), and also because  all parties involved ended up only charging me the price that they would have billed insurance, which ended up saving me like $4k. The procedure still cost me about $7-8k all together, including the anesthesiologist, the outpatient facility, my surgeon and the nurse. I think the cost of the actual surgeon was only about $3k, and that was for a 2-3 hour procedure involving lipo, massive skin and glandular excission, as well as cutting off the nipples, trimming the areolas, and grafting them back on. I think her price was very fair, although it was discounted for insurance. As a side note, I can't feel the nipples at all now, except for a soreness / discomfort when I press on the grafts. Well worth it though!

Continuing on....  Obviously a lifetime of large man boobs has left me emotionally traumatized and with low self confidence. Actually, I acted very cocky before but I think it was kind of like a version of short-man syndrome; to cover up for my insecurities. It took many months for my body image in my head to change, but I still felt ugly to girls. Only recently did I lose weight from 195 to the 170s, and I still was not used to the idea that I'm actually attractive to women now. I take that back, I had known I was attractive to lots of women in the previous months, but I really only care what the HOTTIES think now. I felt I was still ugly to them, like they were out of my league.

It actually took a trip to Houston a month ago for me to fix that. It sounds completely retarded but by accident I ended up spending 2 days and $1200 at the biggest, classiest strip club in Houston, just by myself (let's just say I flew out there to see a psycho catfish girl who had used fake pics, LOL). The trip started off by me going to hooters and having a  few drinks and wings. Of course the hottest girl is working behind the bar, and she's who I talked to. I told her my story about being left at the airport (I didnt know the girl was fake yet, just thought a beautiful girl had turned off her phone when I landed and left me at the airport, so I was pretty hurt). The hooters girl said "She probably didnt meet you because she was scared you weren't real"!. WOW. The hottest girl in hooters saying I'm looking too good to be real, in a roundabout way.

Then I went to the mall and picked up some cutie hair stylist outside. Then I made my way to the strip club. I had no idea why I was there, or what I was looking for. I walked in the club dressed fly as hell, Ralph Lauren custom fit skin tight on my chest. A beautiful bombshell blonde came up to me and said "the dj booth is that way"... I'm like WTF. She said "oh I thought your a DJ"... I was confused at first. I ended up getting a private dance later, and spilled all my insecurities, and she stopped dancing and just sat on my lap and told me all her personal insecurities as well.. how she hated her skin and is getting laser treatments to fix it... I asked her if I'm ugly and she was like "omg no, i thought you were a DJ when u walked in because you look too good to be coming to a place like this alone". Then she told me that all the other girls were asking her about me after she had went up to me. I mean, obviously strippers are acclimated to white lies, but the things she said weren't lies. I ended up getting the same type of "counselling sessions" from quite a few other girls... And they were saying things that they couldn't lie about either. Not only that but I started talking to a super hot girl back home while I was there that said she thinks I'm hot now too... So yeah, I blew a lot of money but I'm not gonna regret it. It completely changed the way I see myself and my self confidence. But the hot girl back home told me I look damn good, but not to get cocky, because the cockiness takes away from the attractiveness. So I wont, and I know I have a lot of issues I still need to work on.. Including losing another 10-15 more lbs before stacking up on creatine, testosterone booster with hormone blocker, and hydralized creatine before hitting the weights hard and packing on some serious muscle. Anyways, yeah it sounds really stupid, but I had strip club therapy, and it worked. I needed a counselor badly, to get over all of my hang ups and insecurities of the past, but only the counsel of beautiful women would fix me. I won't ever regret spending so much, even when my clutch went out in my car last week and I was short on cash. Heck I'm still broke, but mental happiness is priceless, and $1200 is a cheap price to pay to fix a lifetime of emotional and social trauma.

But not only has my self-confidence, self-image, weight, and posture changed in the past year, but I realized from a psychoanalytic perspective, having breasts had made me have the personality I did. And it wasn't good. I used to sell drugs so that I could date attractive women (it was the only way, believe me)... But they were hood rat hoes, not the type of girl you really want in your life. I had quit selling a few years ago but still dressed and talked ghetto as hell. I actually had to relearn to speak like a white person about 6 months ago, and now I'm pretty much cured unless I get mad and / or drunk LOL. I dress pretty damn classy now. Mostly ralph lauren and macy's. Actually women in my area say I dress too well for them, they are intimdated by my fashion (girls on online dating sites have actually told me I'm too fashionable for them... and its actually the reason why I thought I was still ugly even after the surgery and losing weight, because all the hotter women STILL ignored me, but I found out later its because they don't want a guy that out-dresses them!). I figure if a polo and jeans is "too dressed up", then I sure as hell don't wanna fit in. Also I was way too cocky and crude before. Now I have confidence, and know I look good, but I know I'm just a normal guy and there are tons of better looking guys out there. If I moved to Cali I'd be ugly haha, but in my town I rarely feel defeated. It's crazy now how girls give me double takes every where I go. One girl last week even came up to me and said "I love your jeans!". But she wasnt that hot (not ugly at all though) so I said "thanks" and walked off. Yeah I'm kind of a male thingy. I realize that. Oh well. I have worked so hard to get to where I am, I am gonna admit that I only have time for beautiful women now. Of course looks arent everything, I fall for personality, but looks are definitely a pre-requisite! It's friggin insane though, 18-19 year old girls go crazy for me now too... Actually they  are the most aggressive it seems... I even had a 16 year old msg me online and said I'm hot, to which my reply was "you're way too young" hahahah.

So yeah. I can't even begin to say how much the mastectomy has changed my life for the better. I'm a completely new person now, from the inside out. Everything about me is different, from my contentment with life, my standards of women, how women treat me, how I dress, how I talk, how I act, and the fact I went from really baggy clothes with jeans hanging off my ass to slim fit everything, skin tight shirts showing off my chest, and nut hugging boot cuts... Hell I even improved my teeth/gum care massively, and also use tons of skin care and even anti-aging cream under my eyes that works wonders on tightening skin. All I do is shop, groom, and look fly around town. No other hobbies, don't even watch TV. Hell I even get pedicures and facials. I'm a total metrosexual now, and loving it LOL. And all of these changes have taken place in just a little over a year. Only in the past few weeks have I really started to realize that it's not all a dream, I really am attractive now. Never thought I would see results like these, and I'm sure as hell glad I didn't pull the trigger when I had a hand gun pressed against my head years ago, thinking I should just put myself out of my misery.

Now I just need to focus on waiting for the right one to take home to momma, and keep my male thingy in my pants so I don't risk the herp (i've made it this far, not worth risking over some ratchet pussy)... But it's just a matter of time, now that practically all women find me attractive :D

I do have a few words of advice for guys looking to get the surgery. My first suggestion is GO FOR THE DRASTIC SURGERY. If you have boobs that are big AT ALL, go all the way and have a real mastectomy, not just glandular excision and lipo. You need the skin removed, and the nipples cut off and replaced. Don't give a damn about the scars. You can always cover them up with tattoos or something, but girls DONT EVEN CARE about your damn scars, they care about you having a flat and muscular chest they can rub up on. Also make sure you do your research first. I got lucky and my surgeon did a great job, although not quite perfect (the breasts have evened out dramatically as more weight was lost, the right side used to stick out more than the left, looked kinda weird with a tight shirt). Also I suggest you to lose as much weight as you can BEFORE the surgery. It will allow your surgeon to do the best job possible to give you a tight chest.

Anyway I'll end with a few more pics of me now :)

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
That's a huge change.

Overall - I thought your posts were amusing, in a good way. Sure, some of your posts do sound pretty cocky, but you know what? Why not?

Hell, you're literally a new person.

Spme people might say no he's the same person, but he just changed his appearance. But it's not like that. I can tell the change in your appearance has made you a different person.

Much like a person with Anxiety disorder who overcomes it and becomes the life of the parties, people will say they have become a different person, it's true.

One thing in your post, I think is very, very, very important for a lot of people on this forum to understand. And Believe.

Even 'hot', beautiful people - have insecurities too. When you spoke of the strippers and how they don't like their skin, or they need work done on them...

It's the same as anyone on this forum.

We might hate our chests - and it causes us internal pain, but, so does that person's nose who wants a nose job. They only see a nose that people will laugh at. And many people don't even care.

I'm saying this cuz I know many guys with this issue seem to think it's them against everyone else. And it's not.

So Congratulations.

You're living the life through a radically altered brain now - so enjoy it and feel free to be a little cocky. Don't give up on the hard work that has got you this far. Keep working on your body, I can tell it will help you maintain your high :)

hammer

A journey well worth taking! Congrats on your new life!

Bob

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member
great story man. we messaged back and forth a bit too a few months ago... had the same surgery you had.

im 3.5 months post op and im really put down by the scars. seems theres a bit of tissue left as well.

regardless, your transformation is great and i can definitely relate to what you are talking about

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
That's a huge change.

Overall - I thought your posts were amusing, in a good way. Sure, some of your posts do sound pretty cocky, but you know what? Why not?

One thing in your post, I think is very, very, very important for a lot of people on this forum to understand. And Believe.

Even 'hot', beautiful people - have insecurities too. When you spoke of the strippers and how they don't like their skin, or they need work done on them...

It's the same as anyone on this forum.

We might hate our chests - and it causes us internal pain, but, so does that person's nose who wants a nose job. They only see a nose that people will laugh at. And many people don't even care.

I'm saying this cuz I know many guys with this issue seem to think it's them against everyone else. And it's not.

So Congratulations.

You're living the life through a radically altered brain now - so enjoy it and feel free to be a little cocky. Don't give up on the hard work that has got you this far. Keep working on your body, I can tell it will help you maintain your high :)

McGilli, you are totally right about other people having insecurities almost as debilitating as our own, even the most beautiful people. Actually it seems like the prettiest girls are the most self conscious, and the fugly girls seem to develop a type of short-man's syndrome where they actually believe they are the shit. But I suppose I was the same way. It's amazing what our egos can do to protect itself. I mean its not just that stripper who was extremely self conscious, and almost cried when I told her that her body is an 11 and face is a 9.7, lol, she was so pissed). I have another friend who's gorgeous and refuses to even send pictures because she hates her skin, and she spends like 500 on skin care a month... And I slept with an 18 year old last month with a totally flat stomach and perfect, massive DDDs that would refuse to take off her shirt because she thinks her wide hips are ugly! I spent the day trying to convince her that an hourglass figure is beautiful, but she can't seem to get it through her head (sigh...). I still have insecurities, mainly I feel self conscious of my stomach now, but I also have to put it into perspective and realize its not a huge deal, girls care more about a guys chest than anything.

I also wanted to say that I'm really not cocky now... Maybe I came across that way. Im just confident now. Real confidence, not some type of overconfidence  which was really masking my insecurites... even though I know there's lots of room for improvement. I am however a douchebag that won't settle for anything less than drop dead gorgeous, fashionable women... But I spend so much time, money, and effort attempting to look the best I can, I expect a girl that's gonna have the same dedication. I just think I deserve that for once... I have a bad taste in my mouth for humanity after all the trauma I've been through, after all the guys that made fun of me, all the women that would leave me for another guy with a better chest, etc. All those girls should have given me a chance back then, because I have no love for them now. And all those guys can suck a... I take pleasure in rubbing it in their faces when they look at me in defeat at the mall, and their girlfriend walking behind them literally stares at me as she walks by... No sympathy at all. Maybe they could try stepping their game up and wearing something else than a hoody for once.

I just cant wait til I lose this last 15 lbs and really start building muscle. If I get buff I feel I will be unstoppable, and I know I can do it... If I can lose 70 lbs in a year I can do anything, let me tell you it takes some real dedication. I used to live for food :P

Oh yeah I found some fat pics of me online from 5 years ago. As you can see I was always slouching to hide my man boobs, that's what messed my back up so bad.

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
Well, I appreciate hard work, and it looks, and sounds like you've put it in - so again, well done.

Yeah everyone's different in what they want, and if you know exactly what you want go for it. Don't settle.

I felt that confidence too last month after my surgery - not scared to take my shirt off in front of girls.

Man that's the best feeling. You know. Guys that grow up with 'normal' chests. They don't appreciate that.

They don't ever really know how nice it is to have a nice chest for girls. (if you care about how girls like men's chests)

Us, well - and especially you in this case - your case was severe compared to me - but still - the feeling I know is the same.

It feels great. I just have to recover now from my revision before I can get that feeling back!

SO in the meantime enjoy it for me!

take care.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024