Author Topic: Right side is slightly larger than the left, help?  (Read 6064 times)

lurkin505

It has been a little over 6 weeks now since I had gynecomastia surgery (lipo/incision). I am starting to notice that my chest is still not flat, could it still be swollen? Also, I am noticing that the right side is slightly larger than the left, should I be concerned or shall I give it more time to heal? I have an appointment with my surgeon in two weeks.

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
Uplaod a pic bro....
Can't say whether it is fat, tissue or just some swelling and scar tissue without a pic.. 

Offline mildgyno

• Posting Member
i think it is fat....
would be best to talk to your doctor thoroughly at the upcoming post op...
the other one looks perfect...
and m sure that at this stage your doctor would be able to easily correct this one too..

good luck!!

lurkin505

It is still slightly larger, I have been reading other posts and I suppose that I may have to go in for a revision.

lurkin505

It has been a little over two months now and I can still see that the right side is slightly larger than the left. When I went to visit my surgeon almost two weeks ago he had a few drops of fluid sucked out with a syringe.... I am not worried as my surgeon said that if by six months im not happy with the results then he will take out some lipo free of charge. Is the right side still healing or will I have to go in for a revision?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
You're prob very close to your final results. You're a stocky guy. When I put on a few pounds my chest looks flabby. If I were in your shoes I'd really start eating like an athlete and training five/six days a week. Thats what Im doing. My surgeon told me he'd give me a tune up too at the nine month mark if we think we can tighten up a bit. Most surgeons will make your chest match the rest of your body. You're in a great position to get in even better shape and take advantage of this revision. Make that your goal leading up to the revision and get the best results possible.

Most people think when they get this surgery you just wait six months to a year and the swelling goes away and magic. BS! This is a lifestyle change as well to really get the chest your after. It won't stay looking good if you don't eat healthy and train hard. You're in a good position right now, take advantage of it.

Good luck;)

lurkin505

It feels as if there is still fat or gland still left though. Left side is perfect and I cant complain these results are fantastic. I still feel a little soreness/numbness by the areola. How long until the numbness dissipates?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Hard to say about the numbness. Im 4 1/2 months out and I have feeling back. Im not sure exactly when it happened. As far as the one side looking dif, just try to give it some time. Be real cool to your PS and gently ask "if it doesn't even out can we touch it up maybe sometime in the future"? Remember this is a little process and as long as your PS is cool you should be happy in the end.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Wow! I just noticed you signed up for this site in 2007 and then didn't post again till 2013. Must feel good this has finally become a reality.

lurkin505

I know, I cant believe I dragged it on for this long. Finally went through with the surgery and it was one of the best decision I have made in my life. I have allot of living to get done  :)

lurkin505

Has anyone ever had any experience with revision? Do you go under anesthesia again?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I haven't had a revision but my doc told me he uses local for light lipo jobs. If he had to remove more tissue he preferres the patient to go under.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024