Author Topic: How bad is it?  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Realm65

Been suffering with these for over a decade since early teens. Have even gone through heavy weight loss with very little effect on my chest.

Unfortunately have put some of that weight back on. Currently at 88kg, 171cm. At my lowest, I was 74kg (from 101kg). I am 26.

After lurking around for years on various forums, I've decided to finally take a step forward and see what options I have available.

I'm currently dieting again and expect to drop back to 80 within a couple of months. From now until then I'd like to start planning a path to see me finally get rid of this frustrating and debilitating aspect of my body. I tend to take many things in stride, but this one factor is where that all comes crashing down and I'm tired of letting this condition have any power over me.

So any thoughts? Would I even be a candidate?

hammer

Let me put it this way, you are bigger then some young men who post that have no problem at all, but for some reason think they do. However, you would have a long way to go to get to someone like some of us old farts like myself that have DDs, but have learn to live with them for one of many reasons.

You will need to have surgery to get rid of them! I'm sorry if that is not the news you wanted to hear, but that is the truth! If that is what you are going to do then you must take the time and do the research and find a experience gynecomastia surgeon to make sure that you have a better chance of being happy with the outcome with the surgery.

Good luck!

Bob

Offline Realm65

Let me put it this way, you are bigger then some young men who post that have no problem at all, but for some reason think they do. However, you would have a long way to go to get to someone like some of us old farts like myself that have DDs, but have learn to live with them for one of many reasons.

You will need to have surgery to get rid of them! I'm sorry if that is not the news you wanted to hear, but that is the truth! If that is what you are going to do then you must take the time and do the research and find a experience gynecomastia surgeon to make sure that you have a better chance of being happy with the outcome with the surgery.

Good luck!

Bob

If surgery is the only way, then it's the only way. I have successfully lost weight in the past on many occasions and made little to no difference. Not really bothered or upset if it does come to surgery, just want to be done with it and move on with my life, ya know?

I do feel empathy for you older blokes that had to deal with this for years longer then I, and am grateful I do live in a time where it is not so unheard of to have this surgically resolved.

Cheers for the support.

hammer

I thank you for the empathy, but the reality of it is, I feel much stronger for it! I've been through a lot in my life that I see as much worse in my life then having breast. From losing a son in an accident when he was only 6 to losing my own good health and needed to go on disability! It is said that God only gives us what we can handle, well I'm going for another surgery after thanksgiving to fuss my SI joint. This will be about number 7 major surgery and non have been for breast reduction!

Because of a strong faith, the love of a good woman and a great family, I can handle anything life throws at me!

Bring it on!

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
How bad is it? Size is not even a factor. It is rare for any pathology of the breast to be involved; Men do sometimes get breast cancer but not all that often.

So how do we find out how bad it is? What impact is it having on you? Some men with large breasts have no problem and some with tiny breasts are obsessed by it. I guess the only person who can answer your question, is you.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Realm65

Should clarify then, how bad it is from a medical standpoint.

From a personal standpoint, it is infuriating and I've had enough.

Cheers!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your Surgeon will actually need to do a hands on exam to answer your question.

Offline daves123

• Posting Member
Hello Realm, you answered your own question when you used the adjectives 'infuriating' and 'suffering'. You don't have to feel like that. GET IT SORTED man. For the sake of a few thousand dollars and a week of mild discomfort you could be living a new life. My advice - find a good surgeon and get the operation done ASAP. Put this issue behind you once and for all.
From what I can see, yes you could easily get rid of that tissue and flatten your chest.

I just had my operation 8 days ago and feel like a new man already.
My case was similar to yours and like you, the issue had caused me a LOT of grief for many years. I should have got the operation done when I was in my 20's.

GO FOR IT !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024