Author Topic: Gynecomastia & Breast Masses  (Read 2773 times)

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
Well, ever since i could remember (not that long, just around 11 or 12) I've had lumps in my breasts (male breasts). It started under my right nipple as a hard, painful lump which i eventually forgot about. Then came the other nipple, and I lost track after that. A few months ago I noticed that I had these small lumps throughout my chest (some clumped up, some not).

When I was younger I couldn't have cared less what was going on but now that I'm aware of what's happening with my body (I'm 17) this has really gotten me worried.

Breast Mass: it starts just above both nipple, and moves upwards in a cone-like shape. it starts with dense, lumpy-like masses and as it moves upwards they seem to disperse. From what I've read, this is fat that can be removed with lipo..?

Any amount of help would be much appreciated!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:05:09 PM by cherpphil »

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
88 views and no replies? Can someone please give me some insight on the subject?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I presume no one has an answer for you. I really do not have an answer for you either except to say that if it really concerns you, you should be asking a doctor on your next visit. I usually keep a running list of questions for the Doctor so I don't forget anything when I'm there. That way the Doctor answers everything very quickly and it saves time for him and I both. 

Obviously you should edit your list of questions down to just a few but you get the idea.
Grandpa Dan

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
I appreciate the reply, it was with good intention.

I'm terrified of the doctor. I know, it's ridiculous to be scared of the person that is there to help you, but I feel comfort in knowing what I'm dealing with before taking action. If I begin thinking of the doctor I think of the worst possible outcome.

hammer

I can tell you this much! You have very little to worry about judging by your pictures so I can tell you with out a doubt that you don't need to worry about the worst possible outcome!

On this forum we are talking about male breast enlargement right? Well, you are still looking fine, so if you go to the doctor and everything is fine, good, the worst outcome in this case would be that the breast would become very large right? Well, your going to get everything checked and if there would be a problem you would be ahead of the problem so then it would not become a problem and you would not develop large breast, right?

Does any of that make sense? I'm just saying, get the hormones checked! There is nothing to fear!

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
Thanks for the uplifting response!

What I'm worried about is something that isn't benign. That's why I'm talking about the lumps in my chest. I'm more or less convinced it isn't a danger to my health due to having the textbook symptoms of gyno when I was going through puberty, and that the puffy nipples indicate gyno currently. I'm just looking to get some insight on the subject from someone who's dealing with similar lumps.

I really, really appreciate the response though. Thank you. I've already gained more confidence about going to the doctor.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not recall any lumps or bumps, Then to I do not recall a lot of things. I'm 76 years old and my breast growth occurred around 1949 when I was 12 years old.

The good news is that Breast tumors are not real common anyway and most occur in older men. The bad news is that breast tumors do sometimes occur in men so you should have your lumps checked out.

As for being fearful of Doctors, They are regular people just like you and I. The only difference is that they have spent a very long time in college or university and also in training after college. There is nothing to fear, They are there to help.

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
Bump. Thanks for whoever has replied thus far.

Offline thetodd

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but what you are describing sounds like breast tissue to me. As in "gland" when people talk about it on here, if you go on google images and search for "male breast gland removed" you will get an idea of what the lumps are.

No amount of working out/ liposuction will get rid of breast tissue. It needs to be removed by excision (surgery).

I had gyne from 11 and up, i was going through some of the pics when i was a kid and i noticed at around 11ish i was on the beach and i had puffy nips looking back i didnt give a shit untill i was around 14 so i know where your coming from.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline cherpphil

• Posting Member
FINALLY! A reply from someone who is dealing with a similar situation! Thank you so much for the reply, I really, really appreciate it my friend. If I could, I'd send you a present!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024