Author Topic: Anxiously waiting for results  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Dizzy5912

I'm almost 40 years old and I've wanted this surgery my entire life. I am now 7 days post op and I am so excited to see the final results that I can't see straight. I keep looking in the mirror and I do see a big difference but honestly it isn't as much as I expected.  I know I am probably swollen a lot so I guess my question is how long do I have to wait for this swelling to go down? I had the gynecomastia surgery and also lipo as well so I'm bruised and swollen all over. 

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I had to wait 2 weeks before I saw my chest for the first time.  I was feeling the same as you.  
As for the swelling its different for everyone.  Once my binder was removed my chest looked the best I've ever seen.  I'm now 4.5 months post op and while I'm still thrilled with the results, I do have swelling.  Both areolas are a bit puffy, my left one being worse.  Above my left areola is a hard bump which I've been massaging daily. I hope over time it will go down. I'm certain I still have swelling cause both areolas are still a bit numb and if I press down gently it does hurt a bit.  When I get out of the shower and nipples are erected my chest looks amazing!
Just be patient and try not to obsess about it too much.  Let your body heal. Best of luck with your recovery!  

Offline Dizzy5912

Thank you for responding and your answer gives me hope. I will just give it some time and hope my swelling goes way down soon. Patience is a virtue I don't possess lol.  So did you wait 2 weeks before you took your bandages off or just the first time you looked? I saw first when my bandages were being changed due to bleeding some so I saw it the day after surgery.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I waited 2 weeks to remove bandages and that's when I first saw my chest.  After that I continued to wear my binder for 4 more weeks. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024