Author Topic: To much cardio will burn muscle? True Or False?  (Read 4399 times)

Offline ghalib

• Posting Member
Guys i just want to clear one thing.. Mostly people say that To much cardio in Tacoma gym will burn muscle during fat loss... is it true or not..??
i think its true.. what is your opinion..
Tacoma gym
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:20:35 AM by ghalib »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
No.

Starvation will burn muscle, Not exercise. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline JonesCrow

• Posting Member
Yes i agree that too much cardio is decrease muscle size and its cause muscle burn so normal cardio is good to gain muscle shape and strength.

Offline johndean

• Posting Member
as I know, it doesn't.
I had bariatric surgery last month and I heard someone in the clinic it really has some benefits..

Offline fairviewL

• Posting Member
To burn it as in using it for energy that would be a no unless you have been consuming less calories than the maintenance amount needed for your body and you have zero body fat. But under those conditions muscle would be consumed not doing exercise. 
This is a common misconception in the gym among the uneducated. There are 2 types of muscle fibers in the body - short and long. The short muscle fibers are enhanced with anaerobic activity such as weight lifting. Aerobic activity enhances the long fiber. Short muscle fibers give the bulky, definition muscle shape and long fibers give the long lean smooth look.  spending majority of time doing aerobics creates a runners physique. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024