Author Topic: Is this gyno?  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
It doesn't look as bad in pictures since I have been working out, but I'm now 18 and don't believe that it has any chance of going down naturally (if it is gyno). My nipples are slightly less puffy than they usually are because my dorm is very cold. My nipples appear very puffy and prominently through my shirts. I'm attaching pictures showing the difference between when my nipples are hard and when they aren't. When my nipples are hard my chest looks fine. Sometimes my nipple can be half hard and half soft. In the pictures it is hard to tell in the frontal view that the lower part of my chest is pudgy, but around my nipple area it is very obvious in person that they are pudgy and are sticking out. Also, I think since I do have decent muscle in my pecs, it makes it look much more normal in picture. If it isn't gyno, I don't know what else it could be because it's been like this since I was about 12 (I was too young to know about gyno then), and I've been very skinny for most of my life. I only put on more weight (MOSTLY muscle) for football in high school. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
Here are two pictures where my nipples are hard. I do have muscle in my chest and can flex my pecs.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
I think you're a little overweight, so loosing a few pound will be of some help.  But looking at your chest profile, I think you have some minor amount of gland.  Of course a gyne plastic surgeon will be the best to consult.

Good luck!
---Bobby

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
Hmm, that's pretty funny... If you were to see me in person, I'm over 100% sure you wouldn't say I'm overweight. I guess I can kinda see why you would think so from the picture. I have very little fat anywhere on my body except my stomach area. Thanks for the reply, though!

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
stomach/chest fat are usually the last places to go, try losing a bit if it doesn't workout then go for surgery

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
Thank you. The thing is that it was like this when I was very very skinny when I was younger. I started lifting a lot a little over a year ago and eating more so I could play football and just be bigger. So I don't think weight is a problem. When I was younger I just didn't know what it was. I thought I just had a big chest. People always asked me why I had stretch marks on my chest even though I was so small.

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
Also, I was a tennis player playing roughly 4 hours a day, so I wasn't just skinny. I was fit.

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
I dont think you're overweight going by the pic's
It does look like mild gyne though

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear to have mild gyne as well as puffy nipples.  If you have had it for more than a few years, then the only real treatment is surgery.  You can iimprove your appearance in clothing, though, by wearing a snug compression garment.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
Thank you both. So puffy nipples and gyno aren't tied together? I'm inferring this since you said puffy nipples AND mild gyno. Also my father is a physician, so I could definitely talk to him about this, but it's really hard for me to bring it up. Does anyone have some tips?

Offline jinr0h

• Bronze Member
Well  for me.. i planned the surgery and got told i hadto be picked up after..(didnt do my homework basicaly) thats when i forced myself to tell them. I just told em i was a mild case and there was some breast tissue behind the nipple ..making not a big deal out of it. They dropped the subject pretty quick and barely mention it after.. it does feel like a weight lifted off your shoulder after telling so i would say just go for it and dont overthink it.
good luck

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
puffy nipples and gyno aren't tied together? I'm inferring this since you said puffy nipples AND mild gyno.

Sorry if I was misinterpreted.  We are playing with semantics here.  I believe that puffy nipples is indeed gyne -- it represents excess breast tissue directly beneath the areola.  OFtentimes there is additional excess tissue which spreads across the chest.  This, too, is gyne.

It is indeed a very rare case in which puffy nipples exist alone -- ie, on a very very skinny person who only has nipples which are puffy.

As for your folks, your dad is a physician and should be compassionate about your situation.  Speak to him directly and matter of factly -- I do hope he understands.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
Thank you jinr0h for your reassurance, and thank you Dr. Jacobs. I do understand what you are saying. Thank you guys for your help. Hopefully my old man will understand because it certainly is a pain to live with. The worst part is that I've noticed my urge to work out has gone down the drain since I realized that there was a good chance I have gyno, and that my chest would never actually look "right", and my daily life has definitely been affected by it. Hopefully that will all change soon.

Just wondering, does getting surgery at this young of an age have any ill effects? For instance, I have a very bad shoulder, and I was recommended by my orthopedic surgeon to not get surgery at this point because my shoulder would be so bad when I'm older. Is it similar with gyno? Because I've seen posts regarding flare-ups, if that's an appropriate term, on this forum.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
[quoJust wondering, does getting surgery at this young of an age have any ill effects?][/quote]

No effect whatsoever -- it would be safe for you.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Tjmz1989

• Posting Member
Thank you!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024