Author Topic: Before And After Post Op 5 days  (Read 1789 times)

Offline liton2k

• Posting Member
it still Looks same to me do you guys see any difference or i should wait more longer for more results?

hammer

Oh ya, you are looking better! In your eyes it may not look that way but we are our worse critics! You do look like you have some swelling going on, and don't be alarmed if it gets worse!

On Monday I spent the entire day at the VA hospital going from one check up to another for the UTI I got from the catheter to X-ray to ortho to check out my incisions. Othro was running 2 hour late!  Needless to say I was dead tired from sitting in my wheelchair from 8am until 3:30pm. The X-rays show 6 screws in the base of my spin, there was 2 more in L5 from a surgery in 2009 that fused L4/5 but they removed the one on each side as the fussion had harden very well, and below those screws are 3 pins the size of a pinky finger that fuse the SI joint! To look at those X-rays are kinda scary and weird at the same time and in the area of my back that they had to go through to do the work still feels like I'm swelling to about a third of a base ball when I'm leaning on my back.

When I have my wife look at my back, it doesn't look that swollen!

Going through these surgeries are a bitch on our bodies! As a retired carpenter I can't tell you the crap my body went through! From nails being shot through my hands, to fingers in saw blades, but I still have them all!

As I've said before, give yourself time to heal, and remember all that you are going through so you can help the next guy understand that it's not as simple as running into a wall!

Have a great week, and don't over do it, I can't get my foot high enough to kick you in the butt if you do!

Bob

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
It looks better than the other picture for sure and obviously you should wait a few days, more like a few months to see the final result.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024