Author Topic: Crater revision! Help (pics)  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Calabria

• Posting Member
Hi guys,
I did gyno surgery 15 years ago (i was 13) and the doc made this mess when he decided to remove all gland..
So.. when i grew up and gained mass i started to be concerned about this crater..
I would a opinion about my case.. how to fix it? Fat?
I like to go to gym everyday, so.. im concerned if the fat will be burned and everything will come back again...
Please help!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:30:34 PM by Calabria »

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Hi. The pictures aren't showing up.

Offline Calabria

• Posting Member
Please try again now.
Thanks

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member

Offline Calabria

• Posting Member

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
First and third pictures look quite damning, but the others are borderline decent imo. The good news is that the craters are locailzed at the nipples, the rest of your chest still looks to have a good shape so I think you have a very good chance to get this fixed with a revision but only if you go to a gyno expert this time. If you decide to do so, please get it done with an expert who has done many revision surgeries.

Offline Calabria

• Posting Member
Very glad for reply.
Man, i'm from brazil and i can't find in brazilians web forums specific and detailed information about gyno anywhere. So don't know how to find a expert on gyno/crater revision surgery.
Finally, i recently found this page and i could across to me very important information that will guide me chosing the best surgeon as possible.
The mainly thing that a could learn here was the difference between fat Flap and Grafting techniques. And flap is the best for durable results and quality.
I visited 3 surgeons recently and all of them said that would do fat grafting. But i still uncomfortable and unsecured.  
In your opinion, what kind of expert surgeon in a more general level way would you look at? ..i mean... expert on liposculpture or reconstruction surgery such as breast cancer?
 This kind of filtering can  help methis can help me  since I don't know a gyno expert surgeon.
Thanks again!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your photos reveal craters which are limited to the areolar areas only.  These should be readily amenable to reconstruction with fat flaps, which is my preferred method.  It is a one-time fix as opposed to fat grafting which is uncertain as to outcome and may have to be repeated.

I have performed revision operations on several hundred patients of other surgeons -- and have had great success with the fat flap procedure.

Check out some photos at: http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/ba-reconstruction-revision-of-crater-deformities.shtml

Hope this helps

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024