Author Topic: Your typical is this gyno or not post?!  (Read 2697 times)

Offline SirX

• Posting Member
Yes, this is your typical post.. I've been in denial on whether or not I have gyno or if its just cause I have high body fat? Any insight on whether this is gyno??
Any advice, comments would be very much appreciated!!

Offline SirX

• Posting Member

Offline SirX

• Posting Member

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
No.  It looks muscular.  I am assuming you go to the gym and work your chest out?  That's what it looks like to me.

Offline SirX

• Posting Member
No.  It looks muscular.  I am assuming you go to the gym and work your chest out?  That's what it looks like to me.

I do, but my bottom right nipple looks to be a bit puffy eh? Like the roundness under it?

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
This is my opinion and mine only. I think you need to start enjoying life and pay no attention to your chest. It looks great to me. My breasts are not huge but large a plenty. I don't let them bother me much. Get out and do what you want to do.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your nipples look slightly puffy -- so there is some breast tissue underneath them.  However, overall your chest looks OK.  Only you can decide if you can live your life with it or not.  BTW, no amount of exercise or diet will diminish puffy nipples.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline SirX

• Posting Member
Your nipples look slightly puffy -- so there is some breast tissue underneath them.  However, overall your chest looks OK.  Only you can decide if you can live your life with it or not.  BTW, no amount of exercise or diet will diminish puffy nipples.

Dr Jacobs

So the only way to get rid of this is surgery? Ugh.. Would this be classified as gyno or is this just from genetics? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gyno is, by definition, any excess tissue on a male chest.  So, to a certain extent, yes this would be considered gyno.  And gyno, for the most part, has some genetic influence, particularly during puberty.

But all this is semantics.  You have a choice of living with it or not.  What you should not do is to waste money on so-called "cures" that you will undoubtedly find on the internet.

Dr Jacobs

Offline SirX

• Posting Member
Gyno is, by definition, any excess tissue on a male chest.  So, to a certain extent, yes this would be considered gyno.  And gyno, for the most part, has some genetic influence, particularly during puberty.

But all this is semantics.  You have a choice of living with it or not.  What you should not do is to waste money on so-called "cures" that you will undoubtedly find on the internet.

Dr Jacobs

This is quite unfortunate. I guess I have been in denial for quite some time. Thank you for your time and input!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In all seriousness, I am of the opinion that any enlargement of the male breast is Gynecomastia.   That said, there are many degrees of the condition and yours is about as minor as it gets.  I think most people would tend to ignore it.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline SirX

• Posting Member
In all seriousness, I am of the opinion that any enlargement of the male breast is Gynecomastia.   That said, there are many degrees of the condition and yours is about as minor as it gets.  I think most people would tend to ignore it.  

I guess it just bothers me knowing that there's some tissue present. I know gyno from steroids and I guess gyno from genetics tend to look quite different. It's more of the fact that its there and there's not much you can do about aside from like surgery... :/

Offline SirX

• Posting Member
In all seriousness, I am of the opinion that any enlargement of the male breast is Gynecomastia.   That said, there are many degrees of the condition and yours is about as minor as it gets.  I think most people would tend to ignore it.  

I feel like it got worse when I started bulking, because I made a post a couple years back and it seems like it got worse over the course of the 2 years.. :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024