Author Topic: Gynecomastia  (Read 7479 times)

Offline SideSet

I just found this site.

I am in my 50s. Not overweight.  I have always had a little extra on top, but lately I seem to be growing, but have not otherwise put on weight.

I believe I have gynecomastia.  Would like opinions.

If you think I have it, how significant do you think?

For support, I have begun wearing a cami with a built in shelf.  That is what I have on in the picture, but rolled down the top to bare my breasts for the picture. The straps have been cutting into my shoulders, so I would like thoughts about support.

Thanks

Offline Busty

Welcome to the site, SideSet.  In my opinion, you definitely have gynecomastia.  And quite a significant case.
You asked about support.  Have you tried a bra?    From your photo, my guess is you are at least a D cup.  So, I think you are quite full-busted and way too big to go around braless or with the minimal support offered by a cami with built-in bra shelf.
Hope this helps.  Maybe others have different opinions.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:29:20 AM by bustymale »

hammer

Yes you definitely have gynecomastia and some significant growth too! You may want to look at any of the medications that you are taking to see if they are the cause. As for support I would highly recommended going for a formal fitting so you can get a bra with a proper fit. It was by far the best thing I ever did for myself. I'm 60 no and wear a 46H bra for support.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
First off yes you do have gynecomastia, I don’t think anyone on this site would disagree with you.  I whole heartedly agree with Hammer about checking the medications that you are taking.  If you are in your 50’s and they really started growing rapidly probably better start investigating the possible causes.  For someone your age, and I am even older, medications would be a good place to start looking.  I suggest listing all of your medications and Google each one looking for side effects.  Sometimes they try to hide them down in a long list of possible effects.  If you come up with a potential cause we would be happy to know to add to our knowledge base.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi SideSet,
Your reddened strap marks look painful.  Better engineered support would likely give you more comfort.  You might want to check with a doctor as certain medical situations can cause sudden growth which is not connected to medications.  Good luck.

Offline SideSet

Wow, thank you for the quick replies and nice welcome.

I see you three agree I have significant gynecomastia.  My girlfriend did not call it gynecomastia, but she said I had developed breasts like a 50-year woman, a busty one at that, she added.  I would welcome others' input.

Also, thank you for suggesting I try a bra.  My girlfriend has also suggested, but I have resisted.  She did get me some camis with built-in bra shelves and they help with some support and also covering my nipples some.  She said even with the cami, "your girls are still moving a lot, but at least not high-beaming as much."

I was very interested in your suggestion about a bra fitting, Hammer.  My girlfriend said, even though she thinks I should wear a bra, she would not buy me one because they are very much individual preferences and you pretty much have to go in and try on.

My GF said she had never seen a man trying on and buying bras for himself, but she was sure it would be fine for me to go into the fitting rooms.  Her point was the women who are buying bras for themselves would take one look at me, and know I had good reason to be buying myself a bra.  She even said a lot of them will be jealous. I would like to hear anybody's experiences getting fitted, trying, and buying themselves bras.

BTW, Bustymale, my GF says she thinks I am at least a D cup, maybe DD.  She said you really need to be wearing a bra to get a true measurement.

Finally, thank you, Hammer and Hairyknockers, for the suggestion about Rx meds.  I will look and let you know what I find.

Offline SideSet

Alchemist, your reply came in while I was posting.

Thank you for also confirming that the camis are not enough.  My GF said the same things as you about the red marks and I would be more comfortable with better support.

I should clarify. The growth has not been that sudden. As I said, I always had something on top.  My GF said I was probably a small B cup.  

About when I reached 50,my breasts started to grow and now in my early 50s, I am where I am.  My GF says I have the breasts of a typical full-busted 50-year-old woman.  She jokes that the days of being a perky B cup and getting away without a bra are gone.  She says welcome to the club.

Offline Busty

I agree with Alchemist about the strap marks from you camis looking painful.  Do you have any pix of you in a cami?

Offline SideSet

Here is one I just took.

Offline Busty

You clearly have full, large breasts.  They must be quite heavy.  Although the cami looks good on you, and must help, I am guessing it would not be enough.  Seeing you in the cami, I am now guessing at least DD.
Your girlfriend seems accepting and supportive.  I bet she has large breasts, too, so can relate.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:31:06 AM by bustymale »

hammer

I go to a boutique in St. Paul called Allure for my fittings and bras. My wife went with my the first time and said that I was treated with more respect then her and our older daughter was when she took her for her fitting at one of the major department stores at the mall of America.

I was told that they serve several men every month with the same problem or needs that we have so I or you are not alone when it comes to shopping for bras!

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
My girlfriend did not call it gynecomastia, but she said I had developed breasts like a 50-year woman, a busty one at that, she added.  I would welcome others' input.

My girlfriend said, even though she thinks I should wear a bra, she would not buy me one because they are very much individual preferences and you pretty much have to go in and try on.

I would like to hear anybody's experiences getting fitted, trying, and buying themselves bras.

SideSet,
First of all, I agree with your girlfriend and others who have already responded that yes, you have developed breasts like a busty woman. But then, I'm sure you have already come to that same conclusion yourself, because there's no way to hide those and with all the constant motion they keep reminding you that they're there!  :)  I am much smaller - 38B - but mine move enough and my nipples get bumped and rubbed enough for me to always know that they're there, too. That's why I decided to wear a bra in the first place.

As you begin the process of finding bras (don't just buy one or two, develop a full wardrobe of them for every mood and occasion) you'll likely be overwhelmed by all the variations, colors, fit, and styles. And if you ever go swimming you'll have to find something to wear that won't cling to your breasts and emphasize them when it gets wet and you come out of the water. You are very fortunate that your GF recognizes that your breasts have grown beyond the point of not wearing a bra and she will be a great source of information and help for you. In my case getting my wife to understand was my biggest hurdle. I agree with your GF that buying a bra is a very individual thing, so I agree that you need to be the one to choose what you wear - with her input, of course. My first bras were plain-jane, boring nude color ones, but as time has progressed and I have become comfortable wearing a bra I now have them in several colors and "trim packages".

Although I have not gone for a formal fitting, I was able by trial-and-error to arrive at a brand and size that work well for me. Should I outgrow my current bras I will find a place to get a formal fitting. Since your GF seems to be so supportive I would recommend that you get the formal fitting at least for your first bra. It will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run, and once you know your size you can try bras from other sources. My wife did not support me wearing a bra in the beginning, so I went through my process secretly and online. In the beginning I found www. herroom.com to be very helpful with all of the information they provide, their online chat feature and especially their easy return policy. I ended up having to "sister size" my bras and use extenders to get the right combination of band and cup sizes, and through the process of ordering and returning I found that Bali bras are the best combination for me for fit, price and style. I now get most of my bras from OneHanesPlace.com and they have very good sales from time-to-time.

Good luck and try to make bra shopping a fun process. You're going to be doing it for a long, long time unless you decide to go for surgery.

Offline SideSet

Seems like everybody agrees I should start wearing a bra.
Hammer, thanks for sharing your experiences getting fitted for a bra.  Chesty, I think I will start with one and go from there.  Busty, my GF was a generally 34 full B/small C.  Now she is generally a 36 full C/ small D.
My GF buys her bras from Victoria Secret and discount stores like Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx. 
My GF suggests I go to Soma because they are more likely to have a better selection in my size and I need to get fitted.  When she is teasing, she will say I need to get my girls to Lane Bryant.  Has anybody had experiences with those stores?

Offline Busty

I have been to both.  Had great experiences.  Treated me like any other customer, maybe better.  I have even been asked if I want to see the matching panties.  Of course I did.
Seems like you will be wearing a bigger size bra than your GF.  How will she handle that?

hammer

No matter where you go you'll find you once you have a bra that fits good it feels good to have it on! Some times, I know for me it still will feel strange putting it on but then I'll look in the mirror and remind myself that those BIG girls need to be corralled!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024