Author Topic: My son has gynecomastia, should I wear him a bra?  (Read 8995 times)

Offline Mystia

• Posting Member
Hi! My son is 15 years old and has gynecomastia.

So I plan to have him a surgery but it is too expensive, I told him that I think he should wear a bra since he said it feels uncomfortable when running, or just going on stairs etc.

I'm planning to try him a bra later and tell what does he think about it.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I have read several article about young boys growing breast during puberty so it is not that strange but if he need support then buy him on but get him fitted first,  Most main stores and especially lingerie stores will be glad to do it and you being with him will be a big plus.  Just going to a store and buying what you think is the right sizes can be a bust (no pun intended),  I am glad you are so supportive, most dads would not,  A lot of young boys breast go away after a few years and with luck so will his,  If not, then he will really need your support more than ever.  A bot of 18 wearing a bra can really be hard for him.  Thank you for being there when he needs you.
Advice from a 70year old man who got his just three years ago.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Mystia

• Posting Member
I have read several article about young boys growing breast during puberty so it is not that strange but if he need support then buy him on but get him fitted first,  Most main stores and especially lingerie stores will be glad to do it and you being with him will be a big plus.  Just going to a store and buying what you think is the right sizes can be a bust (no pun intended),  I am glad you are so supportive, most dads would not,  A lot of young boys breast go away after a few years and with luck so will his,  If not, then he will really need your support more than ever.  A bot of 18 wearing a bra can really be hard for him.  Thank you for being there when he needs you.
Advice from a 70year old man who got his just three years ago.

I'm his mom not dad hehe.

Soooo I give him some old bra to try him I know its not fitted for him but I just want to know how it will feel and look for him. His first impression is that it looks awkward to him and also feels weird on his body. I want him to wear it for a few hours, after that he said that it felt much better with it than without bra. I said that I will help him go to bra fitting so he get his right size and right fit so it will be much comfortable.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Sorry Nystia I am sorry for my mistake!  I just saw the mal profile and went from there.  But it doesn't matter since you are there supporting him when he needs it and good one you. My wife now supports me but it took a while.  I believe she had the bras are for women only mentality and she did not want me to join the exclusively female club.  And I can understand that but facts are facts and one day after I finished mowing the yard on a hot day when I came in and collapsed in the chair sweaty as hell she looked at my undershirt and said I need a bra and that she thought I had more than our daughter had and that was that.  The next day we went bra shopping.

aboywithgirls

Mystia,welcome. I was 12 or 13 years old when my mom had me try some of my older sister's hand me down bras. They were 32B. I wore those and other hand me down bras for the next few years. I'd wear them only during physical activity . When I was 16, my mother explained that I had gotten large enough that  I should wear a bra fulltime. I agreed  but I told her that I wanted to pick out my own. She brought me to JC Penny for my first fitting. I ended up being a 34C. My gynecomastia however never went away. I'm a 36G or H in most of my bras and of course I still wear a everyday .

hammer

I say no, don't put a bra on him and wait and see if the gynecomastia will go away! Do not make him a target for being teased and bullied!

Offline Mystia

• Posting Member
Mystia,welcome. I was 12 or 13 years old when my mom had me try some of my older sister's hand me down bras. They were 32B. I wore those and other hand me down bras for the next few years. I'd wear them only during physical activity . When I was 16, my mother explained that I had gotten large enough that  I should wear a bra fulltime. I agreed  but I told her that I wanted to pick out my own. She brought me to JC Penny for my first fitting. I ended up being a 34C. My gynecomastia however never went away. I'm a 36G or H in most of my bras and of course I still wear a everyday .

Well thats good that you have also wear bra at young age, I really feel like a bra would be great for him but my downside is that his breast gets more noticable and also give a shape on his breast, other than that he said that it feels great wearing one since it minimize the breast movement. I feel that he would feel much much better when he wear a well fitted one for him.

Offline Mystia

• Posting Member
I say no, don't put a bra on him and wait and see if the gynecomastia will go away! Do not make him a target for being teased and bullied!

Hi! I know about it so what do you think is the best thing to do for him?

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Hammer make a good point but I never get between a bear and her cub.

hammer

Hi! I know about it so what do you think is the best thing to do for him?

It's not what I think what is best for him, it's what the 2 of you need to talk about and consult with his doctor.

hammer

Hammer make a good point but I never get between a bear and her cub.

True

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Again Hammer is right and you need to talk to you son about how he feels about going to school wearing a bra and gym class.  Even I (at 70) don't want to go swimming with other people around and I am only a small 36B.  However any body that is really looking can notice.  If he is bigger than me it will be all the more noticeable and high school kids are vicious,   They are just waiting to tear you down and it take a strong since of self to overcome that.  If your son is that strong then good for him but remember Mama you can not interfere or you will destroy his since of self and look to you for protection and that is not right.  Kids have to stand up for themselves or lose their since of identity.

Offline Mystia

• Posting Member
Again Hammer is right and you need to talk to you son about how he feels about going to school wearing a bra and gym class.  Even I (at 70) don't want to go swimming with other people around and I am only a small 36B.  However any body that is really looking can notice.  If he is bigger than me it will be all the more noticeable and high school kids are vicious,   They are just waiting to tear you down and it take a strong since of self to overcome that.  If your son is that strong then good for him but remember Mama you can not interfere or you will destroy his since of self and look to you for protection and that is not right.  Kids have to stand up for themselves or lose their since of identity.

Thank you! He said that he will not wear one at school since everyone can notice he wears one and it looks obvious wearing one. So he said that he will just wear one at home so he will feel more comfortable at home.

And also sports bra would also work for him and might not be as awkward as the ordinary bra.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Mystia, give the sport bra a try on none gym days.  If it works for him then GREAT a lot of his problems ate solved.   I tired them at the wife request and for ME the band on a sports bra was to tight, like trying to fit into a 32 band when you are a 36 band.  So just make sure the band is right and the support is good and best of luck to you and your son.  YOu are a good MAMA BEAR!

hammer

Again Hammer is right and you need to talk to you son about how he feels about going to school wearing a bra and gym class.  Even I (at 70) don't want to go swimming with other people around and I am only a small 36B.  However any body that is really looking can notice.  If he is bigger than me it will be all the more noticeable and high school kids are vicious,   They are just waiting to tear you down and it take a strong since of self to overcome that.  If your son is that strong then good for him but remember Mama you can not interfere or you will destroy his since of self and look to you for protection and that is not right.  Kids have to stand up for themselves or lose their since of identity.

Thank you! He said that he will not wear one at school since everyone can notice he wears one and it looks obvious wearing one. So he said that he will just wear one at home so he will feel more comfortable at home.

And also sports bra would also work for him and might not be as awkward as the ordinary bra.

This sounds like a good plan, but I still think if you are able to it wouldn't hurt to find out why he has gynecomastia, unless you already do know that, and I missed it in your post.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024