Author Topic: The Struggle Is Real  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Johndoe1

Saw this the other day and it brought back painful memories. Guess things haven't changed.

https://thefrisky.com/girl-talk-i-dated-a-guy-with-man-boobs/
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Orb

We will never escape the ignorance many people display. Proudly. 
I feel it's often those more self absorbed, full of themselves and insecure that are the most...blind to reality.
I only hope that as society learns more about gender identity and becomes more educated on those matters that body shaming and intolerance of others will be seen as shameful itself.  I don't expect it to totally disappear but remain hopeful it will lesson.  

p.r.1974

This is about as polite as I can be towards the author and reposter. The litany of pejorative remarks that I am struggling to refrain from posting is difficult. We have all dealt with uneducated, purposefully ignorant, insecure, self absorbed, socioopathic twats like this before. The entitled idgit that believes that she is a relevant journalist by posting  the omg, trendy, gotcha garbage that one would find on a shock jock radio station, or tmz. It is a shame that apparent trolls have an auduence. I have hope for humanity, but doubts become heavier with this things opinion. I will not disparage women by calling it one. 

Offline SideSet

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
No surprise here.  Most women - from my rather cursory internet research -do not find gynecomastia attractive, nor a turn on.  In fact, for many it's a turn-off, or - as one lady put it - "a deal breaker".  I can relate - I am not attracted to nor turned on by women with beards / mustaches.

In the USA Today, because of media / entertainment hype, 'gender-bending' is advertised as really cool and oh so sophisticated.  It ain't.

And for MOST people, normal heterosexuality is ... well, the 'norm'.
Those of us outside the 'norm' should not be subjected to unjust discrimnation, but NOR should we demand that we be the new standard of norm.  I live with gynecomastia because I literally have no choice but to.  When my condition has come up in conversations (with friends, medical staff, even law enforcement [pat down in court building or TSA]) those with whom I've had to interact were courteous.  We shouldn't expect more, and have no right to demand more.

Me upset over the blog entry?  Nooo way.

Confused old man

People are entitled to their opinions. Just another know it all blogger. Doesn’t bother me at all. Besides, I like my boobs. They are starting to grow on me..hahaha

p.r.1974

Every human is dofferent. I have no ilusions or expectations that those of us that have developed chests are outside of the typicalmainstream. But abnormal suggests there is something wrong with being outside of typical.She is entitled to her opinion just like wesboro baptist church people, but it doesn't make her less on an not a nice person.

bikerbob

That could have ended differently if he had been up front with her instead of hiding in a T shirt.  Once they hit the sack, she was going to find out sooner or later.  Some women are OK with it, some are more than OK, some are not.  She ended up just thinking he was too weird.  
My wife thinks mine are cute.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
In the article, she said that it (they) felt nice. Yet she felt so weirded out that she had to tell the world about...how weirded out she felt. 

SHE'S the one with the problem.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
^ I can see your point, but I disagree with your analogy regarding reaching for something expecting it to be normal, and finding the opposite, especially based on gender.

In general, all men have breasts (it's what our nipples are attached to, duh), but the vast majority are less than AA or A Cup, and for every bloke with AAA Cup breasts, there are probably two with B cuppers and one with C. In general, all men have a penis, but would this lady have written an article, tongue in cheek or not, if it was tiny or huge, i.e. not what she expected? Would she find an article written by a man who was surprised to find his new girlfriend sported F Cups instead of the C's that he was expecting, due to the way she modestly hid her breasts under everyday clothing, acceptable?

Yes, the article seems to be light hearted and not to be taken literally, but the fact that she said it (they) felt nice, and still made it out to be an issue, makes her look silly. That, and her ignorance about who exclusively calls them moobs. Seriously?

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
She doesn't mention how nice he was, or the wonderful erections he filled her with, or the things he did with his tongue. Or that she has flat, saggy boobs and her butt is 3 feed wide.

As a young man with boobs, I tried to make up for it with girls. I like to think that I gave them more attention than your average non-boobed guy would.

Keep in mind, there's a chance that "Wendy Stokes" made the whole thing up just to get clicks.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Yeah agree to disagree there.

I personally don’t see any harm or foul on the article. I strongly doubt anyone here can say they have not dismissed someone they either had or could have had relations with due to what they found out immediately or later on cosmetically was unattractive.
We all have preferences and hers clearly is men without female sexual secondary characteristics. We may all have breast tissue. We don’t all have breasts. Breasts are identifiably female once they get to a certain point.
I think anyone here who says they have never dismissed or lost interest in someone immediately or later on due to a cosmetic unattractive situation would be a liar.
She clearly held her tongue and kept going and tried to dismiss her shock to make sure he felt ok with things instead of going omg or laughing or leaving. I think that’s the important part. Not the overall tone of the article but that within it she shares in a vague way that though shocked she kept going so he didn’t feel uncomfortable.
Fair enough, no probs.

Offline 42CSurprise!

The article made me think about what I find attractive and unattractive in the women I've encountered in life.  I wasn't thrilled when I found myself in bed with a lovely woman who had hair on her breasts.  There were other reasons that relationship didn't go anywhere, but the experience stayed with me.  I think we all understand that we don't have bodies that fit the ideal represented by Madison Avenue.  It was only in the most recent catalogue I received from LL Bean that some of the male models weren't chiseled.  There were a couple of large men and a few with grey in their beards.  Larger women has been seen more often in advertisements as well.   Men friends who are far from the ideal in appearance still expect to find the beauty who will fall in love with them.  Certainly, as I've gotten older I'm aware I've disappeared for many women.  Over the years despite a less than ideal hard body, I've attracted quite lovely women.  Now I'm just an old man with a grey beard and a body that is getting even more soft... a body with larger breasts that would be noticeable to anyone paying attention.

I have a great appreciation for men here who are married and whose wives are accepting, even appreciative of your breasts.  I've never been in relationship with a large woman.  My preference has been for slender women.  I've accepted women with smaller breasts, much to my surprise actually.  But I've had my preferences.  Clearly this woman does as well.  She also has a blog that needs content and this worked for her.  She has some growing up to do, but didn't we all when we were young?  And look at us now... hanging out with other men who HAVE breasts and who love talking about and wearing brassieres.  Different strokes...

Offline blad

The struggle was really having breasts in high school. I don't think that has improved after all these years for those experiencing the same thing today.

There was the irony that the constant comments of needing a bra were actually correct, and created the curiosity to try a bra for the first time sooner than I would have figured out on my own. I very quickly realized that they were right and was surprised that I felt better in a bra. 

But of course those comments were not meant to be helpful. And even though I agreed inside that a bra was appropriate for me, I felt I could not outwardly affirm this to others in school and the comments endured along with the embarrassment. 

So you have a teen age guy, who is mature enough to realize that he may end up wearing a bra for the rest of his life, but the real battle is the acceptance of others.

Fortunately the atmosphere after high school was vastly more accepting and I felt safer to wear a bra more and more often. By the shear fact that comfort won out I gravitated to wearing a bra daily. But I would have got there sooner if not for the concern of what others would think or say.
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024