Author Topic: gender neutral clothing question  (Read 2194 times)

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I believe I learned something from this conversation. 

While going to the community center to exercise after knee surgery, I noticed a lot of guys who were wearing leggings while exercising.  I am 5'5", so my wife has always shortened my slacks and exercise pants.  I found women's yoga pants, in petite, and they fit perfect and no one notices.

The same thing goes with my arms.  All my dress shirts, were custom made to 31".  My sweat shirts, exercise tops, and long sleeve causal shirts, all need to be shortened.  I'm thinking I need purchase tops for shorter arms.  Not feminine. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Upfront

In UK with long arms! 
Womens shirts amazingly are long enough! 
I constantly wonder how small women cope with the excess. 
So unfortunately I have no advice for those who are looking for shorter sleeves except...... 
Perhaps Birdie is missing a trick. Perhaps he could finance his new bras by offering an alteration service now that his bib sewing skills are redundant? 
(only joking!!) He and I are good friends after a rocky start

Brdy64

In UK with long arms!
Womens shirts amazingly are long enough!
I constantly wonder how small women cope with the excess.
So unfortunately I have no advice for those who are looking for shorter sleeves except......
Perhaps Birdie is missing a trick. Perhaps he could finance his new bras by offering an alteration service now that his bib sewing skills are redundant?
(only joking!!) He and I are good friends after a rocky start
Alteration service 🤔
I get several alteration requests every month already. Maybe I should charge for them?

Actually it gives me something to do. My forced retirement drives he nuts, and I'm constantly looking for something to fill my time. I thankfully don't need the money. 

Winters have been busy enough because long sleeve shirts that fit my chest have always been way too long in the arms. I have been hemming them up to fit if 'store bought'.
Buying blouses instead should remedy that problem. I should have been buying blouses for years. 🤔

By the time you buy the fabric and supplies, you really don't save much making your own clothes, but it is still fun to do for a 'nice cute outfit' design. 😍

Yesterday I was going through a pile of blouses someone left out to give away. I had no intention of keeping one, I simply wanted to look for design ideas. I have a 'very thin' denim fabric that almost looks like silk. Enough to make about two blouses. I really need to start incorporating chest darts and a more 'fitted' cut into them to show off more curves. I'll have a lot of fun designing them. 😍 
I bought a tank top awhile back that I am sewing in support. I don't want bra straps showing so I took an old sports bra and I'm combining them together. Something I can wear swimming when my daughter visits.  

Enough ramblings for this morning. Thanks Upfront, you are a good friend. 😉

Brdy64

I believe I learned something from this conversation. 

While going to the community center to exercise after knee surgery, I noticed a lot of guys who were wearing leggings while exercising.  I am 5'5", so my wife has always shortened my slacks and exercise pants.  I found women's yoga pants, in petite, and they fit perfect and no one notices.

The same thing goes with my arms.  All my dress shirts, were custom made to 31".  My sweat shirts, exercise tops, and long sleeve causal shirts, all need to be shortened.  I'm thinking I need purchase tops for shorter arms.  Not feminine. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 
Buying blouses should do the trick. I would visit a boutique in-person so they get your proper measurements. We are all different, and stuff off the racks are only made to the most common sizes. The SA will help you find what fits. 
From that point it's basically looking at styles in your size that you are happy with. 
Having to alter brand new clothes just seems to be such a waste. Best to just buy what fits.
Also womens jeans tend to have shorter inseams, women are naturally shorter than men. Buying a couple pairs of women's jeans and pants should fix your leg length problem while you are at the boutique. 😉

Brdy64

I just ordered a new blouse and tank top from Torrid. I received a coupon in my email so I used it to empty my shopping cart. 😍

They also sent me this link for others to save money, I'll share it here in case anyone needs something.

https://refer.torrid.com/asch74xf

Offline taxmapper

Finding long sleeve blouses has been challenging that are not overtly feminine.  So still sticking with generic unisex shirts. 

Because I like to get out and explore in the wilds, sticks, outback, neatherlands, wastelands (whatever you want to call them) and ESPECIALLY in NM where we are over 6000 feet in most areas, we burn easily, and light cotton blouses that don't espouse 'fashion" are a bit tricky. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

Turtlenecks are excellent "gender neutral" garments and they can do lovely things to breasts held in an underwire brassiere...

Brdy64

Turtlenecks are excellent "gender neutral" garments and they can do lovely things to breasts held in an underwire brassiere...
I like turtle necks. I might add some next winter to go to the center in 🤔

Brdy64

Offline 42CSurprise!

I bet you say that to all the girls... ::)

Brdy64

I bet you say that to all the girls... ::)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brdy64

I saw a lady too. 
I did notice that her back band was riding up and she wasn't getting proper support upfront, most likely due to a stretched out band or wrong sized bra....
I said nothing to her. 

Offline Johndoe1

A very nice photo. Looking good!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline 42CSurprise!

Thanks John.  I love to wear turtlenecks during the cooler part of the year but they have become more important as I've chosen to wear a brassiere.  The particular turtleneck I wear when wearing a brassiere will depend on how I intend to spend my day.  As I've said before, no matter how much I enjoy my breasts, I've no interest in flaunting them.  That means when heading out into the day I'll generally wear a dark colored turtleneck, navy or maroon for example.  I hadn't worn this red turtleneck with a brassiere until just a few days ago.  Even turtlenecks of the same size will be slightly different.  The red turtleneck is sized perfectly to show the contours of my breasts.  Also, the cotton is lushly soft to the touch... and that happens quite often...  And, of course, this website is the one place where I'm happy to show off how voluptuous my breasts are in a well fitting brassiere.

I won't wear the red turtleneck out unless I'm wearing the Polartec vest shown in the photo.  My breasts will still fill the front of the shirt I wear but the two pockets hide the details, as does the vest.  I haven't decided what I'll wear this morning as I head to the bank, library and while shopping.  Perhaps it will be the red turtleneck I'm wearing at the moment.  The underwire frame runs beneath both breasts while the seamless, unlined cups shape and hold them.  I didn't chose this journey I've been on for so long, but with support of men here I'm finally able to accept what nature has given me.  Now its a big turn on... 8)  Amazing!

Brdy64

Yeah, not only do I wear a bra because I need one. 
I wear a bra because I love to wear one. Makes my saggy boobs look so nice. 😍

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024