Author Topic: When to wear a bra?  (Read 2417 times)

Brdy64

That’s the issue for many right there. To be accepted for wearing a bra. Too many find the reason a man would wear one or want to wear one to be out of fetish or kink. Or hidden desire to be feminine. It couldn’t be further from the truth and as a result it makes a lot of us very welcoming to be at work or shopping or where ever life may take us that day and wear a bra easily. But at home, in the bar or with spouses or family and friends we deal with the discomforts of being without a bra to avoid the lack of acceptance it probably would receive. Or the curiosity of if they do accept it will they still respect it whether in the moment or when we leave.
I love my breasts I welcome the conversation to any who wish to look or poke like is that muscle or ask if I’ve seen a dr for why I appear to have breasts. Education is key sadly I haven’t gotten comfortable enough to wear a bra freely in all areas of day to day to allow that education to others.
I personally believe that 'not wearing a bra' is much more noticable than wearing one. 
There is a gentleman at the day center I attend that most definitely needs a bra, he doesn't wear one and ineffectively covers up with sweatshirts everyday. He is about a C cup. His breasts are flopping around a he plays pool. Everyone notices, but they don't say anything to him so as not to offend. 
He would be less noticable wearing a bra. At a certain size, the boobs will make themselves seen. 

Offline blad

Agreed. And I assume some men just don't care cause perhaps it's more fatty tissue than glandular, and it may curve and hang but it isn't projected and carrying on the chest like breasts do. But when the chest has obviously become breasts, shape, volume, dimensions, etc it's just something I won't understand after wearing a bra, why one would choose not to wear one or at least give it a try. I can understand if they feel they honestly don't need one. I think we are prone here to be more advocating for a bra than what others may think. Heck, theres women with D cups who go braless and feel fine about it and great without a bra. I'm sure theres plenty of men with some breast growth to sizable growth that feel the same. It's tough to see a man with breasts and imagine he needs a bra, without knowing if he actually is uncomfortable with his breasts weight and motion, but it woudl be nice to be able to just go up to others and open the conversation about how a bra can be beneficial
It is my theory that if guys that had significant breast development were to actually try a proper fitting bra, there would be no turning back.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Brdy64

Yeah I agree. Once a man with significant breast growth tries on a bra, there is no turning back. 

Kazmage

I started wearing a bra when I was experiencing aches and pains and a constant "buzzing / itchy " feeling it also helped with my constant neck / shoulder / back pain 
Once I put on a bra the relief I felt told me I would be doing so until I die 

Brdy64

I started wearing a bra when I was experiencing aches and pains and a constant "buzzing / itchy " feeling it also helped with my constant neck / shoulder / back pain
Once I put on a bra the relief I felt told me I would be doing so until I die
Yeah, the neck and back pain sucks. My medical staff had me convinced it was from bad posture, it was the wheelchair.
Then I mentioned to them that I have been in a chair since 2012, and the pain had slowly creeped up on me in the last year. That it seemed to follow the progression of my breast growth.
The doctor didn't think so at first, but his nurse did. She agreed I had quite a bit of weight hanging up front and needed to see the OT about it.
Occupational Therapist was a joke, but at least it got things rolling. OT uses a body suit like deal. She is rather large chested and prefers to 'hide' them. She recommended compression, that didn't work out for me.
This site gave me ideas on bras, and the doctor was okay with my choices as long as I'm comfortable.
Needless to say, I found the underwire support all but eliminated my neck and back pain.

Brdy64

Occupational therapist did say one thing that made sense:
"The doctor doesn't understand the struggle people with big boobs go through because he doesn't have them". 

Offline taxmapper

Occupational therapist did say one thing that made sense:
"The doctor doesn't understand the struggle people with big boobs go through because he doesn't have them".
This.....

My other half has the DDDDDD+ thing going on, and she regularly chastises me for the weight off her back when they are propped up. 

Brdy64

Be nice to have someone professionally and personally acknowledge the fact that the breasts can be quite the obstacle sometimes or discomfort to give kind of a I know what it’s like lol kudos on having a companion in it
I was playing pool against one of the CNAs. Of course I'm in a wheelchair as well. I had to really lean into the table for a shot I could barely reach when I told her "The girls are in the way". 
She looked around the room kind of puzzled, then look back and started laughing. 
I guess that comment caught her off guard. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Golf is a challenge now. Have to adjust your stance and swing slightly. I learned by watching how women would swing them clubs. And I wear a champion brand high impact sports bra to flatten and minimize movement. Mostly for concealment. I’m really not ready for the women’s tee box yet.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
I started wearing one when sensitivity and tingle lead to bounce and a bit of sway. I was surprised how much wearing a bra cut down on the nipple sensation! I'm not that chesty, but with exercise and stairs the bounce is obvious too. Do I have to wear one? Probably not. Does it feel better to wear one? Absolutely.

That said, I just got back from a work trip that I didn't bring a bra. I tucked in my undershirts really well to help isolate my chest, but it would have been nice to have strapped in. First thing I did when I got home was shower off the travel and get into comfortable clothes, including my favorite unlined bra. It was nice to be home.

Brdy64

Golf is a challenge now. Have to adjust your stance and swing slightly. I learned by watching how women would swing them clubs. And I wear a champion brand high impact sports bra to flatten and minimize movement. Mostly for concealment. I’m really not ready for the women’s tee box yet.🤣🤣🤣🤣
I would go in the women's Tee box 😁
Of course I no longer play golf. 
But I have boobs, I would use it. 🤔

Brdy64

Unlined bras are a blessing when a bra is needed but wanting the support of an underwire without the visibility of an underwire I find. Bustier men may disagree but at a b cup they are just great.
I guess I just need more support 🤔

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
Unlined bras are a blessing when a bra is needed but wanting the support of an underwire without the visibility of an underwire I find. Bustier men may disagree but at a b cup they are just great.
All but one of my wardrobe is unlined/underwire. The padded one I have gives me a more rounded appearance, which isn't usually wanted out and about. Maybe if I got one properly sized, I thought I was a 38 band but I realized later that a 36 with the same cup size is better: better strap alignment and it's the right snugness, where I'm creeping up the hooks on my 38s.

Offline 42CSurprise!

All but one of my wardrobe is unlined/underwire. The padded one I have gives me a more rounded appearance, which isn't usually wanted out and about. Maybe if I got one properly sized, I thought I was a 38 band but I realized later that a 36 with the same cup size is better: better strap alignment and it's the right snugness, where I'm creeping up the hooks on my 38s.
You might want to try a minimizing brassiere if you want to reduce the profile of your breasts.  Granted, they tend to be unpadded, but the cups also are designed to constrain breasts.  I wear an unlined, seamless minimizer.  Granted, my breasts are large enough that they will be visible in a light colored knit top, but my brassiere itself does nothing to draw attention to them.

aboywithgirls

I was a 36D when I graduated high school. Then I moved into a 38DD for years. I had a thyroidectomy which took my hormones for a ride. I was going up a cup size about every six months. When I transitioned, I decided to lose 50 lbs. I finally settled into a 36H UK sizing which is a 36J US sizing. I most wear UK bras like Elomi and Fantastie. I get fitted and treat myself to at least one new bra every six months. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024