Author Topic: Did back pain bring you into a bra?  (Read 533 times)

Brdy64

Studies have shown that breast size is commonly seen as a reason for upper back pain, as are improperly fitted bras.

Is it what got you to try support?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 10:37:07 PM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Brdy64

Studies have shown that breast size is commonly seen as a reason for upper back pain, as are improperly fitted bras.

Is it what got your to try support?
Yes, I have truly 'needed' a bra since my teens. I did however wait until my back and neck pain became unbearable. After sitting through heat pads on my neck 5 days a week, and neck exercises by the occupational therapist the staff finally decided to further assess my condition. 
Doctor, nurse, and occupational therapist all took a look. The nurse concluded that my unsupported gynecomastia was the culprit, and the doctor agreed. 
O.T. did my first 'measuring', and I measured in at a DD, I have since lost a cup after losing weight but quickly regaining. 
Doctor asked O.T. to work with me on it, and compression was the first thing tried. 
I have to admit that compression did relieve 'some' of the pain, it didn't relieve it all. She basically said large breasted individuals will always have some discomfort. 
Compression didn't work out for me for other reasons (rashes), and I switched to bras on my own. Much better relief, but still some discomfort (O.T. was not happy). 
A CNA suggested underwire because I needed the extra support it would provide.
After trying an underwire my neck and back pain went away almost completely. I have worn exclusively underwire ever since.

It's been an interesting journey into an underwire, and very expensive when I'm having to purchase all the 'experiments' that the medical staff suggested. 🙄 

Brdy64

It was more shoulder pain from my under arm breast. That pain went away almost immediately once I put on my bra with side support.
I never really had shoulder pain from it, funny how it effects us all differently. 🤔

I did notice that my arms swinging from using the wheelchair were constantly hitting my boobs and making them sore. 

Compression, bras, and underwires all three fixed that issue. 

Online Gotboobs

• Silver Member
No back pain. What brought me to a bra was the swaying and jiggling. But mostly to cover my very prominent nipples that are on high beam 24/7. The nipple chafing was just getting to be too much. I tried the nipple covers but still had all that movement. A bra and camisole is the only way to go for me.

Orb

I never felt the pain others here talk about.  I wear for shaping, support and appearances.  That being said I have grown yet am not as big as many here so don't want to dismiss your feelings of discomfort.  I'm only wearing 40C and some in a 38D.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024