Author Topic: Someone please help me understand!  (Read 3710 times)

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
I am 18 yrs old and have had gyn since puberty.  I have mainly just puffy nipples and there appears to be no gland present (I have had 2 doctors check and they said there was no gland).  So in my case, is it solely breast tissue centralized behind the nipple?  I am planning on having surgery sometime soon.  Would liposuction alone work out well for me since there appears to be no gland?
Here is my picture.

All help is much appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
i have gland and my case looks similar to you.. if the 2 doctors say theres no gland then well i think lipo should resolve it.

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
So the lipo wont remove the breast tissue?  It is very soft and there are no hard masses at all.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
definitely gland.

whether you can feel it or not - its gland
100%

I can tell just by looking
... and the saga continues

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
definitely gland.

whether you can feel it or not - its gland
100%

I can tell just by looking

Thats what i dont understand!  If no gland can be felt, then how is it gland?  Is my gland just like super soft or something?  So basically, lipo alone would not be sufficient for me then, correct?

Offline mrfantastic5

• Bronze Member
what i had, soft disperrsed stuff.. docs told me no gland as well.

i had an excision with a little lipo to take out sotf stuff and the little tiny hard balls behinde the nipple.  What was making it bad was the soft stuff.

no one can really tell you, but i know gland can be disperesed as well as hardened.  It can also just be good old fat there.

either way a plastic surgeon will take care of it be it fat or gland.

does it really matter to you?? if it is fat or gland.  I think you're more concerened with the apperance .. right?

Offline toaster

• Gold Member
Lipo alone will not work for you.  Gyne is caused by fat and/or gland tissue (although technically gyne involves at least some gland, and fat-only gyne is really called pseudo-gyne).  Sometimes what people have is all gland, sometimes it's all fat, sometimes it's a combination.  If you have gland, then it can only be removed by excision (cutting) and lipo won't work.

Despite what the 2 doctors told you, it is very obvious that your gyne is caused by glandular tissue.  I'm not iffy about it because you just happen to have an obvious case.  The gland does not have to be hard.  The reason it needs to be removed by excision is because gland is fibrous, so lipo won't get it out.

You didn't say whether the 2 doctors were plastic surgeons or if they had any experience with gynecomastia.  If I were to guess, I would say they were not plastic surgeons and did not deal with gyne very often.  I would suggest going to a plastic surgeon who does gyne surgery at least once a week, if not more often.

Why the reluctance to have gland excision?  Are you concerned about scarring?  The gland is removed via a semi-circular incision on the bottom half of your areola.  It heals up fine and you won't be able to see anything.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:32:24 AM by toaster »

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
Thank you very much to everyone for your replies.  The 2 doctors i went to, one was just a general doctor and the other was a plastic surgeon.

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
Well, as of right now the P.S. told me just to leave it alone since it was so minor.  He prescribed me some tamoxifen which I am now taking.  I have a few appointments in the upcoming weeks with some other plastic surgeons, one of which I know does lipo of the body, but im not sure if he will do excision as well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024