Author Topic: Need Help!  (Read 4935 times)

Offline servus

• Posting Member
Hi, I have been suffering from gyne since i remember, well but this post is little or nothing to do with Gyne!

I just joined up a Gym (although have been in and out of gymming for sometime... never been regular)

I find even the girls in my gym lifting heavier weights than me. I seriously beleive i am born with a very low upper body strength! what do u suggest i do to improve my strength!?

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
all you can do is start with very low weights and start working your way up. it will happen. you'll get stronger. it takes time. don't push it too hard or get disappointed that it's not going as quickly as you thought. nearly everyone starts off at low weights. i was the same way. i could do a whole lot of cardio but never did weights. when i started doing weights, i swear i could barely lift a 15 or 20lb weight. so, don't be discouraged.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
its not important how much u lift its how u lift the weight thats important.
i finally feel like im a man

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
have patience, keep liftng, eat right. All the basic stuff. It's not rocket science, but sometimes difficult to put into practive every day.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Get some whey protein and try to eat 1g per pound of body weight every day.  It helps build your muscles.  For the first few weeks start out relatively light and then start adding on the weight.  It just takes time.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline puff916

• Posting Member
basic plan...if u dont know already have one...
day 1...chest and triceps
day 2...back and biceps
day 3...shoulder, trapezius and abs
day 4...legs...if u are concerned with lower half
then take a day off or so and begin the cycle over again.

ex...for chest and triceps:do 3 different chest exercises with 3 sets of that exercise.  So 12 reps the first time, bump up the weight a little, 10 reps, then bump up the weight a little and do 8 reps.  Triceps ...you could 2 different exercises for it...even 1 is fine because when you are doing chest you do use triceps since it compliments the chest.

Buy yourself a 5lb container of whey protein...brand does not matter...make sure its not weight gainer.  Drink one for breakfast, one after the gym and before you go to bed.

I guarantee you will notice a real difference in 1 month.  After that it gets addicting because you like the improvements so much.  I know I did.  As time goes by, you'll get good at it and you could adjust the workout to better assist you in your goals.  Gluck.

Offline puff916

• Posting Member
Also about heavy weights etc....your strength increases dramatically in the beginning so dont worry if your not putting up heavy weights.  Everything takes time.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Get some whey protein and try to eat 1g per pound of body weight every day.

I'm 230 lb. right now. That would be 230g's of protein. If you look at the 'Nutritional Information' labels, you soon realize that 230g's of protein is a lot of food to consume. When I first read that you should consume your body weight in protein, I thought, how am I going to eat all that!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline puff916

• Posting Member
If you're really hitting the gym hard...you should take 1 gram of protein per 1lb of lean mass of muscle...not total bodyweight.  So I guess you have to assume how much lean muscle you have...kinda strange.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024