Author Topic: Compression Vests  (Read 6959 times)

Offline m_campbell

• Posting Member
Hey, dunno if this is the right topic to put this under. I was wondering if compression vests will help break down or reposition some fat in your body. I do not have any gland in my breasts (at least thats what the doctor told me), but I have a good amount of fat. I heard somewhere that compression vests can help reposition it to a certain degree. Any comments on this?

Offline jackmac

• Posting Member
i thought the vest is made so that you can wear it after the surgery and keep your chest skin at certain position.

to help you heal faster.

but other than that i think you might have to use for like yrs to get some positioning..

even womens wear bras its not like they are shaping their breast.

:)

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
i doubt this can work. Fat is stored in fat cells in the chest and I dont think compression can move them around. Of course your life will be much better with the vest since you can pretty much wear normal clothes if you have moderate gyne.

It definitely cannot break them down for sure. spot reduction does not work. You had to lose fat through things like cardio and dieting and the bosy decides what fat it will eat up and muscle building is an entirely different process.

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
I have worn vests for years, and they really really help hide the gyno.

It's a blessing and I highly reccommend it.

I did not have any reduction in size or repositioning of fat.   

Two days ago I had surgery and haven't taken the bandages off.  Hopefully I won't have to wear a vest any more.

Offline wildman

• Posting Member
I've been wearing mine for a few months now and I had hoped that long term use would rearrange it to some degree.  My chest does look flatter for maybe 30 mins. after I take off the shirt but then seems to go back to the way it was before for the most part.  I have even tried sleeping in it to see if this would help but it was too uncomfortable.

I do think that if you wear one while you are losing weight your chest will look flatter than it would had you not worn a compression garment.  I have noticed this on my own chest anyway.  It is not a huge difference though.  But every little bit helps. ;)

I am still keeping a close eye on this because I believe it has to have some effect although I am positive it is not a total solution.

I have noticed that many people who are chubby have an indented line in their belly fat where the waste band of their pants sits.  Also, large breasted women can develop permanent deep grooves where their bra shoulder straps go.  Years ago when women wore corsets it is my understanding that this permanently cinched their waist and even moved internal organs.  Then there is ancient Japanese foot binding which did lead to permanent structural changes in even the bones of the foot. This is what leads me to believe that garments can change the shape of body fat to some degree.

Have I thought about this too much or what?! lol  ???
Hey! Maybe I can get one of those Japanese guys to bind up my boobies!  lol  :D

DrBermant

Hey, dunno if this is the right topic to put this under. I was wondering if compression vests will help break down or reposition some fat in your body. I do not have any gland in my breasts (at least thats what the doctor told me), but I have a good amount of fat. I heard somewhere that compression vests can help reposition it to a certain degree. Any comments on this?

The after Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Garment can be a very powerful tool to minimize bruising and swelling, improve comfort, and help with scar tissue evolution. 

It can also be used for Non-surgical Body Shaping.  However, this effect is only while the garment is being worn.  It does not move the fat around or remove the fat.  My patients have told me that they felt more comfortable with activities that permitted them to lose weight or deal with their bouncing. 

You can learn more about Body Shaping without Surgery here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024