Author Topic: Please recommend Surgeon(s) in Maryland around DC or Baltimore Metro Area  (Read 5335 times)

Offline mephistopholes

• Posting Member
I am living in Maryland kind of halfway between Washington DC and Baltimore.  Can anyone recommend a good surgeon in my area?  Many appreciations.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hey baptong,

i live close to dc as well. im havin a consult with dr. saeed marefat and dr. franklin richards next week. will keep u posted.

Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline mephistopholes

• Posting Member
Hey fattgayee:
Thanks.  Please do, and good luck w/ your consultation.  I think it will be prudent to have consultation with more than one surgeon, your budget permitting.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
most of the consults are free... franklin richards charges $75 for consult . it works towards surgery if u go for it.

Offline mephistopholes

• Posting Member
Oh really?  If that's true, that's nice.  I always thought otherwise.

So if you get consultation and go for surgery, the consultation is included in surgery price?  If you get consultation, and don't go for surgery, then you get charged for the consultation?  Is that what you mean?

I take it that you mean Dr. Saeed Marefat provides free consultation?

Offline desi

• Gold Member
yes, dr. saeed has free consult. dr richards has $75, if you dont go for surgery with him, the $75 is gone. If you do decide to go fro surgery with him, the $75 becomes a part of the surgery fee. So if your surgery costs say $100 (hypothetically), you would pay only $25 since you already paid $75 as consult.

I will post my consult expreience here. No harm trying talking to Dr. Saeed, he has 3 offices, DC, Woodbridge, and Arlington.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
i had consult with dr. franklin richards today. he insisted on ultrasonic lipo. so he's out.

with dr. saed, he said he will cut the gland out then do a lipo in the area and he said he could easily remove abt 600cc from each side... is that a lot??

at least he offered cutting the gland out (excision) ...pheW!! im surprised to see that this is such a common procedure, yet the no. of surgeons offering excision is very low...

he also said, he will make two incision, one on the areola and one in the underarm.

he does abt 20 procedures each year.
does this sound good enough?? awaiting everyone's comments..

Offline Suziemel

You should definately check out Dr. Perlman in D.C. .  He has done surgery on me and my brother.  He is the best!  I know his consults are complimentary so it won't hurt to see what he has to say about your case.  His number is 202-362-7300. Good Luck!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:37:50 AM by Merle »

Offline desi

• Gold Member
http://www.vahealthprovider.com/results_paid.asp?License_No=0101045982

check this out. dr. perlman , (ronald, iassume, pls correct if im wrong) does not have a very good record. check otu the medical boards...

thx

Offline mephistopholes

• Posting Member
Yeah, I also looked at the page, and it is for the surgeon mentioned.  The page doesn't have specific information as to what the settlements or disciplinary actions were for.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
pls dont get me wrong, im not sayin he is not a good doctor, just providing some info i think can be of some assistance here.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
pls dont get me wrong, im not sayin he is not a good doctor, just providing some info i think can be of some assistance here.

He is not Board Certified in Plastic Surgery. I would not use someone not Certified.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Ps3touch

• Posting Member
dr. magassy in mclean va. i had mine there with wonderful results :). he has free consultations.
703 790 5454

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
If in that area why not consider Dr. Michael Bemant?
He seems to be everybody's top 2 or 3 gyne surgeons.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024