Author Topic: going for revision 4 months post-op  (Read 6853 times)

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
I've my chest still sticks out, even 4 months post surgery. On the right side it's not so bad, but on the left it's quite pronounced. It sticks out in a definite breast shape, just smaller than before. I had mentioned it to my PS, though she said it would go down. Anyway I showed it to her again yesterday, and she agreed it needed a revision.

My left side was always bigger than my right, and she said this was why it was still bigger than the other side. I had excision and lipo when I had surgery on 28th September 2006... my PS says I'd have to do liposuction only if I do revision, as removing any more gland would make it look concave.

Just wondering, any special things I should make sure of, or explain to my PS to make sure I get totally flat this time? its a bummer going back for revision, especially since I could tell one month post-op that my left side was still sticking out. But it has to be done.  :)

My PS said we'd do it sometime after the 15th of Jan. So any suggestions, or similar stories would be most welcome. Especially success stories!  ;D

Offline desi

• Gold Member
ok.. no probs man! doctors are humns too.. sometimes, docs feel its better not to over correct, then it gets really challenging to put back in ..if u know what i mean.. undercorrection is one of the risks associated with gyno surgery..o btw, is ur doc charging you again for a revision? her fees??

thx!!
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline flex1appeal

I know I told my doctor on my revision that I wanted all the gland out. At least, all that was humanly possible. I'd rather risk concavity than having to go for a 3rd gyne surgery and spending money I definately don't have. I mean, a little deformity is better than gyne IMO. And, as I thought, I didn't regret him doing so. Yes, I have a little bit of an indentation when I flex my chest in certain positions but I look 1000 times better than I use too when I had gyne still. Best thing I ever did was insist on removing all the gland. It was the only way to get the puffiness out and I have no doubt that if you don't insist the same thing that you will still look puffy afterwards. I have heard too many on here state that they still see puffiness even after 3 surgeries.

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
Hopefully I should have a revision surgery in the next couple of weeks... just wanted to ask some questions to people out here while I wait....

1) although I've read the best place for an inscision is just outside the circumference of the nipple, for some reason my PS has made them just inside the nipple, which gives the lower half of my nipples an slightly irregular appearence which frankly I find worrying. Is this normal?

2) My PS says we should do lipo only, as excising any more gland will give it a concave look. Is there any way to definitely know how much gland there still is?

3) I've also read that lipo scars disappear after 2 months or so. So I figured she could make them on the side and insert a cannula. but when I asked the PS, she said lipo scars are permanent, so the best place would be the armpit or the nipple, where it would be least noticable.

4) Also, I knew just 3 to 4 weeks post op that there wasnt enough removed, and I may have to go for a revision. At the time I still hoped it was swelling, and my PS agreed. However, now she is of the same opinion as me, ie: Theres too much fat on the left side and it needs to be removed. However, she says its cos my left side was always larger, and I may have put on weight since surgery which enlarged the existing fat cells. Whatever, I don't care as long as she gets it out.

Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated. Here's to a flat chest for all in 2007!!

Offline desi

• Gold Member
Hopefully I should have a revision surgery in the next couple of weeks... just wanted to ask some questions to people out here while I wait....
1) although I've read the best place for an inscision is just outside the circumference of the nipple, for some reason my PS has made them just inside the nipple, which gives the lower half of my nipples an slightly irregular appearence which frankly I find worrying. Is this normal?
[/quote]

Do you have close up pics to demonstrate, its hard to analyze and understand by words alone.. in my opinion, thats how they do it ,,..rite?

2) My PS says we should do lipo only, as excising any more gland will give it a concave look. Is there any way to definitely know how much gland there still is?
[/quote]
Not sure..

3) I've also read that lipo scars disappear after 2 months or so. So I figured she could make them on the side and insert a cannula. but when I asked the PS, she said lipo scars are permanent, so the best place would be the armpit or the nipple, where it would be least noticable.
[/quote] Armpit ot nipple are the best place to hide scars..

4) Also, I knew just 3 to 4 weeks post op that there wasnt enough removed, and I may have to go for a revision. At the time I still hoped it was swelling, and my PS agreed. However, now she is of the same opinion as me, ie: Theres too much fat on the left side and it needs to be removed. However, she says its cos my left side was always larger, and I may have put on weight since surgery which enlarged the existing fat cells. Whatever, I don't care as long as she gets it out.
[/quote]
Egjhactlyyy!!!! Javed Jaffery Shtyle!

Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated. Here's to a flat chest for all in 2007!!
[/quote]

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024