Author Topic: ANYONE GETTING SURGERY APRIL MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST 2007 ORANGE COUNTY SOUTH CALI  (Read 19034 times)

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
This is the new thread to discuss doctors, in south california orange county people looking for surgery. We are all looking for the best doctor at the best price and lets all try to stick together. My friend recently did this sort of a thing in the east coast and got 3 people to have surgery all at 40% discount each. This is HUGE savings for all of us and since we are all thinking same location same time frame, im sure we all want to save some money and go to the best doctor. THIS IS NOT A AD. I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE COMING IN HERE ADVERTISING DOCTORS FOR ME. I am looking for doctors and patients with Legitimate pictures before/after (no bullshit like... my gyne looked like "http://sds,dskdsdklas". I have gotten alot of that from people.
Lets all talk about our experiences and discuss which doctor is best. then well work on price and get rid of these things once and for all.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
also here's another surgeon in irvine
http://www.asmithmd.com/plastic-surgery/gynecomastia.cfm

I have an appt with dr. andrew smith on wednesday consult, ill let you guys know how it goes (newport beach).

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
I had a consult with Nguyen in Costa Mesa Brea area and he sucked. he had a whopping 2 before/after pics and didnt know what he was talking about.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
Anyone interested in doing a Dallas Trip? Dr Weiner **SEEMS** good and cheap. although nobody wants to post pics. well all be saving about 3k!

Offline hulk0123

• Posting Member
in in so cali area. i had consultation with Dr Stevens in Marina del rey. qouted me at 6000 for everything. did not make me comfortable while i was talking to him. so i probably won't get it done by him. and they charged me $150 just for the consultation... i wanna check out Dr. Sanders in irvine...

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
Hey man.. Yea we've already been talking..
here's my pics of my gyne and my story and stuff :-\
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,9194.0.html

anyways..
Please let me know how your consultation goes! I will be scheduling one with him on Monday..

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
Anyone interested in doing a Dallas Trip? Dr Weiner **SEEMS** good and cheap. although nobody wants to post pics. well all be saving about 3k!

3k?! dayam son!

I guess I could fly up to dallas..
Don't have a job or anything!

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
research dr weiner all over this website. however people keep claiming he is a good doctor, but nobody wants to post pictures. honestly some people seem like an advertisement for him.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
I had consult with another doctor, very professional office, seems to do good work and ver intelligent.
http://www.ocplasticsurgeons.com/
DR DANESHMAND
this dude is a intellectual genious. however he admitted he only has done 1 or 2 every 2 months. Not much experience, but he is well educated on the female breast. GREAT. he said that gynecomastia is a easy surgery, and seemed to know about the procedure well. he explained he would remove most, but not all of the tissue and try to make it as man-like and natural as possible.
no drains. he said i will need to wrap up tight to avoid the buildup of fluid.
the minute I mentioned insurance, he thought i was a flake and basically stopped caring as much as before. he wanst rude or anything, just less responsive.
I have another consult tomorrow, will update soon. So  you done any research on Weiner in texas? I mean if we both go down there, could be an easier and WAY cheaper thing for both of us. would require 4 days approx, i think.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
I had consult with another doctor, very professional office, seems to do good work and ver intelligent.
http://www.ocplasticsurgeons.com/
DR DANESHMAND
this dude is a intellectual genious. however he admitted he only has done 1 or 2 every 2 months. Not much experience, but he is well educated on the female breast. GREAT. he said that gynecomastia is a easy surgery, and seemed to know about the procedure well. he explained he would remove most, but not all of the tissue and try to make it as man-like and natural as possible.
no drains. he said i will need to wrap up tight to avoid the buildup of fluid.
the minute I mentioned insurance, he thought i was a flake and basically stopped caring as much as before. he wanst rude or anything, just less responsive.
I have another consult tomorrow, will update soon. So  you done any research on Weiner in texas? I mean if we both go down there, could be an easier and WAY cheaper thing for both of us. would require 4 days approx, i think.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
thinman, I am probably busier thne you, but if you find the time to get on this board and to reply to people, then it dosent make sense that you wouldnt want to post your pics. Please understand this problem and that all of us are going through it. You have fixed yours and we are looking for a solution to ours.  It dosent take more then a couple of minutes to upload.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
UPDATE:
I went to see doctor Andrew Smith. This guy is EDUCATED AS HELL. Unfortunately not in gynecomastia:

He told me that for my case (look at previous pictures) ONLY LIPOSUCTION WAS NEEDED. He showed me 2 before after pics of which he did lipo only. One was a 60 yr old man with puffy nips, job looked 7/10. the other was a 25-30 yr old who had less of a case then mine. Outcome was nothing amazing, prob 7/10. HOWEVER HE DID NOT RECOMMEND EXCISION. He quoted 5100. but it seems very negotiable. He is well educated with womens breasts but not with mens.
he gave the common response, "we have more pics, but they are on the server or havent been developed yet" so I told his head nurse or whoever (kathy) to email them to me. Dont think thatll happen!
anyway, not going with him. He is VERY SMART but I mean, not experienced. He said he does 1-2 a month. Dont think so. Didnt ask for BAD before/after pics, but come on, wholl show you those.
HOPE THIS HELPS. Guys can you please help me out by positng your experiences to help me find a doctor too. I know for a fact if we band together we can get a good doctor and help each other out ($$ if you know what i mean. later.

Offline speedway121

• Bronze Member
The first thing i do when interviewing a doctor is asking what technique they use. I think any doctor that says not to remove breast tissue (excision) dosent know what theyre doing.
He also said he dosent use drains. dont know impact of drains or nothing of the sort. please post advice.

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
UPDATE:
I went to see doctor Andrew Smith. This guy is EDUCATED AS HELL. Unfortunately not in gynecomastia:

He told me that for my case (look at previous pictures) ONLY LIPOSUCTION WAS NEEDED. He showed me 2 before after pics of which he did lipo only. One was a 60 yr old man with puffy nips, job looked 7/10. the other was a 25-30 yr old who had less of a case then mine. Outcome was nothing amazing, prob 7/10. HOWEVER HE DID NOT RECOMMEND EXCISION. He quoted 5100. but it seems very negotiable. He is well educated with womens breasts but not with mens.
he gave the common response, "we have more pics, but they are on the server or havent been developed yet" so I told his head nurse or whoever (kathy) to email them to me. Dont think thatll happen!
anyway, not going with him. He is VERY SMART but I mean, not experienced. He said he does 1-2 a month. Dont think so. Didnt ask for BAD before/after pics, but come on, wholl show you those.
HOPE THIS HELPS. Guys can you please help me out by positng your experiences to help me find a doctor too. I know for a fact if we band together we can get a good doctor and help each other out ($$ if you know what i mean. later.

Ok, Well I'm going to cancel my appointment with him then. His Assistants weren't very nice on the phone at all too..

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
very interested in getting surgery in OC or LA in the next couple months.  I've had a consultation with Dr. Sanders in encino.  He seems very professional but the cost is about 6000.  I am considering going to texas for dr. wiener as well.  However i called his office yesterday and they said it would require about 4 separate trips:  One for the consulation, one for pre-op and surgery, and then 1 week, 3 week, and 6 month post-op visits.  With all that flying it might just be easier to get it done around here.  if I can get 4-5000 dollar range in LA/OC/SD with a good surgeon, I will definitely do it.

Unfortunately..
There doesn't seem to be any good surgeons around here.
I really wouldn't want to fly all the way to Houston just for a consultation.
1 week,3 week, and 6 month post op seems like it's going to be a real bitch..
Would rather just stay at a hotel for a week extra..

Man I dono..
Hopefully we can find a PS qualified here that also charges a reasonable price..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024