Author Topic: Life after gynecomastia  (Read 4481 times)

Offline flogginmolly

Hey all,
I'm 20 years old now and I've had gyno on one side of my chest for about 2 years. Recently I've noticed the gyno decreasing and am hoping to be rid of it soon. This is probably partly due to the fact that I quit drinking, smoking weed, and cigarettes these last two months and maybe because of the turmeric pills I've been taking over the last month and a half. However, I remember when I was younger, about 10 -12 years old, I suffered from gynecomastia for a few months, that time it was on the other side of my chest, and it eventually went away on its own, so who really knows the reasons behind its appearance and eventual disappearance. in any case, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has also had gynecomastia and eventually lost it without surgery and was able to resume smoking weed and drinking alcohol without the gynecomastia returning. I'm not saying that i will suddenly become a pothead and alcoholic once it's gone but I would just like to know if it is possible to enjoy a nice joint or beer once in a while without having to worry about the consequences. I know all the questionable research behind gynecomastia and I'm not really interested in speculations (although you can tell me them if you like) but I would much rather prefer to hear someone who has experience from a similar situation.

DrBermant

Hey all,
I'm 20 years old now and I've had gyno on one side of my chest for about 2 years. Recently I've noticed the gyno decreasing and am hoping to be rid of it soon. This is probably partly due to the fact that I quit drinking, smoking weed, and cigarettes these last two months and maybe because of the turmeric pills I've been taking over the last month and a half. However, I remember when I was younger, about 10 -12 years old, I suffered from gynecomastia for a few months, that time it was on the other side of my chest, and it eventually went away on its own, so who really knows the reasons behind its appearance and eventual disappearance. in any case, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has also had gynecomastia and eventually lost it without surgery and was able to resume smoking weed and drinking alcohol without the gynecomastia returning. I'm not saying that i will suddenly become a pothead and alcoholic once it's gone but I would just like to know if it is possible to enjoy a nice joint or beer once in a while without having to worry about the consequences. I know all the questionable research behind gynecomastia and I'm not really interested in speculations (although you can tell me them if you like) but I would much rather prefer to hear someone who has experience from a similar situation.

There are many possible Medical Problems that can cause gynecomastia as well as Drugs / Medications that can grow male breasts. A decrease in breast size means that some factor has been changed. Pot is just not carefully studied to clearly prove that it can cause male breast growth. Yet, I have seen patients who have complained of breast tenderness and growth while smoking that resolved when stopping only to resume when going back to it and then resolving again when stopping. For that individual, the marijuana was almost certainly a true factor. Alcohol in major amounts can damage the liver and provide empty calories. Liver damage is not so easily reversed but calorie consumption and weight loss can help with the fat of gynecomastia. Weight issues are normally on both sides. Yet I have seen uneven gynecomastia reduce with weight loss again affecting the fat component. I have never found any reliable studies with Turmeric with gynecomastia and health nutritional "cure" scams abound.

This is the issue when multiple factors are changed. Which one or ones are making a difference can be difficult to filter through.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024