Author Topic: Why is Tumescent not discussed?  (Read 2585 times)

Offline indian

• Posting Member
I am from India and considering to go in for surgery for the last 3 years but the very thought of going under general anaesthesia gives me very frightening picture.As the Doctors say accidents happen very rarely but it may happen...

I basically have more of Fat and not much of glandular.

I have researched on the internet and it seems that Tumescent is one of the best way without having any risks..I even have a 1 yo baby and I cant think of going under General..

what will be the worst results going under tumescent procedure??

Please check this link about Dr.Jayshree: http://www.bangaloreskin.com/liposuction/index.htm

DrBermant

I am from India and considering to go in for surgery for the last 3 years but the very thought of going under general anaesthesia gives me very frightening picture.As the Doctors say accidents happen very rarely but it may happen...

I basically have more of Fat and not much of glandular.

I have researched on the internet and it seems that Tumescent is one of the best way without having any risks..I even have a 1 yo baby and I cant think of going under General..

what will be the worst results going under tumescent procedure??
I use Tumescent Technique Anesthesia for all of my Gynecomastia Male Chest Contouring.  The exception is for the nipple reduction where I use local alone.  Unless a patient needs an upper body lift, I have not needed General Anesthesia for many many years. 

Tumescent Technique is the major component of my patients' Comfort After Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Tumescent fluid is a standard technique for liposuction.  It is basically saline (ie salt water) with small amounts of local anesthetic (same medication that a dentist uses) plus another medication to reduce bleeding.  It makes the tissues soft and mushy and easier to perform liposuction.

But tumescent fluid injection alone is not enough for liposuction of the chest -- it would still be too painful.  Therefore, some doctors will use general anesthetic or sedation anesthesia -- the latter being my preference.

While I understand your fears about surgery, and of course there is no way to absolutely guarantee no risk, the use of tumescent fluid and intravenous sedation provides excellent anesthesia at the lowest risks possible.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024