Author Topic: Karidis Surgery 14/01/2010 with pre op pics, 19 Days post op pics with questions  (Read 8523 times)

Offline buddhaman

• Posting Member
Hi I'm 19 from england and I've had gyno for too long as far as I'm concerned.  I recently got fed up with it and luckily stumbled across this site (the first time I knew I wasn't a one off and it was a medical condition).  I'v now got a surgery booked with Karidis for jan 14 and I just wanted to know if any1 had any words of advice and what your thoughts on the possible results will be thanks...
Here are some pre-op pics
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:00:53 PM by buddhaman »

Offline THEMIX

• Posting Member
Hi,
I'm one week post op with Karidis. It was easier than I expected an pain has been minimal. Discomfort is a bit more accurate, towards the end of week it has changed daily, it becomes less and less.
Make sure you get stocked with pineapple and Bromelain tablets, I took vitamin C supplement from day two post op also.
I think the best thing is to take one week off at least, a bit more if you can.
Let me know if you have any specific question you'd like me to answer.

Offline thetodd

Check Niguys post out,  there has been loads of karidis surgery topics

click on the link in my signature, pretty much everyone in that thread has had an op done by karidis have a look through their post history

All you need to worry about is
Blood tests getting to karidis
Paying for the surgery
Travel there/back
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline buddhaman

• Posting Member
So im now 7days post op and have just taken the plasters off so thought its about time to update this post. In the days leading up to the Op i was very excited and wasnt really nervous simply because of this site, reading other peoples accounts of what the whole thing is like from start to finish with Karidis meant that when the day came for me to take the leap it kinda felt like i had already done it or atleast that i knew pretty much exactly what to expect.
Anyway this is my account of events...
HOTEL
I stayed at the Daniubius hotel which isnt the cheapest (£396 for 4nights through booking.com) but its a really nice hotel and the staff were great. The bedroom and ensuite were both large and had nice modern decor.  There is a nice flat screen tv and  the channels were perfect quality, the main ones are channels 1-5, eurosport and every news station u could possibly ever need the other ones were foreign.  I had my Op early on thursday so got the train into london on the wednesday and stayed overnight before the op and 3 nights post op gettin the train home on the Sunday.
SURGERY DAY PRE OP
On the day of the op i woke up about 6am had a shower, got ready and got a cab 2 the hospital(i could have walked its only about 10-15mins away but it was raining there was still snow on the ground and I had a cold and didnt want to make it worse as the pack u get from Karidis Pre op says that they wont do the Op if u have a cold) when i arrived at the hospital just befor 7am I went to the reception the guy took my name and told me to have a seat, i waited there for about 10 mins before he collected us and told us to go to St claires ward.  Once on the ward your nurse takes you to your room which is an alright size for you and maybe 1 or 2 other people it has a tv and an ensuite so I can't complain about that.  The nurse goes through some genereal health questions and you fill out a questionaire with next of kin ect on it.  She then left and told me to get changed into the gown and these tights/socks you wear to help circulation, if u are familiar with niguy13's post just to clear it up you only need to wear those rank see through pants if you are wearin nylon boxers luckily i had cotton ones so i was saved that embarresment ;D.  She came back and took my blood pressure, pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation levels said everything was fine and told my that the anaesthetist would be up shortly.  Sure enough about 5mins later he was talking me through the procedure and asking me if I had fillings ect.  I just want to say now that everyone that works at the hospital the nurses and the anaesthetist ect are super, realy friendly and take away any nerves you might have.  Next to speak to me was the man himself Dr. Karidis he, like everyone else, is so calm and collected that you feel like your in the best hands possible.  He made pleasant small talk, marked me up for surgery and took some pre op pics.  About 5mins later  at roughly 7:45am I was being walked down to theatre and looking dashing in a hospital gown tights up to my knees and these funny slippers they give you.  In the anaesthesia room i met the anaesthetist  again and his nurse who asked me a final set of questions and joked that i was the perfect patient as i didnt have any fillings and wasnt allergic to anything.  I have never has anaesthetic before but basically I lay down on the bed, they found a vein in my arm and gave me two solutions, the first like the anaesthetist tells you gives you a "happy drunk feeling"  that kicks in straight away and lasts for about 30seconds the second he said would put me to sleep and thats the last thing i remember.
SURGERY DAY POST OP
I woke up in the recovery room a short time later and thought to myself is that it.  It didnt feel like anyhing had happened and I wasnt in any pain, I think I was probably still drowsy.  The people in the recovery room were very nice and one of them kept on telling me how much I looked like her son before she went away to get a pic to prove it haha.  They wheeled me back up to the room and helped me on to my bed.  The only thing bugging me was the vest.. it wasn't on straight and was realy digging in, the nurse soon fixed that and I lay back drinking gallons of water, watched a bit of T.V, listened to my Ipod and relaxed. I didnt end up goin back to sleep but jst rested with the nurse popping in every so often checking my blood pressure etc.  The lunch came about 12:30 and I had selected pretty much everything there was to have and so tucked in.  It was nice and very filling as i had a starter, main and desrert aswell as a fruit salad haha.  I lazed around some more until about 5pm when Chantelle,Karidis's nurse, came and spoke to me.  She gave me all the post op info, I already knew most of it from this site but it was nice to have it confirmed, and said i could get ready to go and that the nurse would be round shortly to give me the medication.  I couldn't have the stronger painkiller because its basically like a really strong version of ibuprofen with anti-inflammatories in it but it could have kicked off my asthma.  As it turns out I didnt need them anyway as its more uncomfortable than painful.
POST OP IN LONDON
I felt good enough to go for a meal in the hotel the night of the op and actually had a decent nights kip the only thing I would say was that I woke up at one point lying flat on the bed with my hands above my head even though I had requested extra pillows and was propped up when I fell asleep.  This didn't happen again as I bought a travel pillow which really made sleeping upright comphy, I reccomened getting one as they only cost a fiver and that was in the centre on london.  The next day I was well enough to window shop and do other touristy things that London has to offer.   The only times the "pain" was really noticable was when I forgot about the Op and streched for something.  That night I replaced the dressings with the water proof ones they give you and had my first shower.  It was akward as I had very restricted movement but I was glad to have one after walking around London all day.  The swelling wasnt too noticable on the whole but there was quite abit on my left side under my arm.  The scars were barely noticable even 1 daypost op which I think tells you how good Karidis is.  Over the next couple of days the swelling probably increased but I was still able to do pretty much everything I would have done in London if i hadn't had the op without too much trouble.
DAY 7 POST OP
I have just taken off the dressings I put on 1 day post-op and wow the results are coming along nicely there is still quite a bit of swelling but the brusings all but dissapeared and the scars are still only noticable if you really inspect the area.  Overall I am happy with the results for this stage of healing and am really looking forward to the next couple of months to see how the healing develops. Sorry this is so long I didnt plan on it being so long but on when I was pre-op these sorts of things really helped me not only in the decision to get the op done (absolutly no regrets so far) but also when it was my time for the Op the diarys of other people on this site made sure that I wasnt nervous and knew what to expect.  Anyway hope this helps you in your decision if you have any questions please feel free to ask.  Thanks
Here are some pics 7days post op...

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:07:43 AM by buddhaman »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
good results mate! did u have a big case then karidis seems to have done a good job again!!

Offline buddhaman

• Posting Member
cheers mate, aye it was pretty bad not the worst I've seen on here or anythin but it was definatly very noticable.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
just seen ur before pics earlier in the thread! he has done a brilliant job by look of things. im thinking about taking the plunge myself very soon

Offline buddhaman

• Posting Member
If you want my opinion then as far am I'm concerned the only reason I can see for not getting it done would be the money, I took a loan to get over that hurdle but if that isn't an issue for you then go for it.  I weighed everything up pre-op in a sort-of pros and cons list and came to the conclusion that the only real way of getting rid of my problem was with surgery.  Once I came to that conclusion I decided that Karidis was the only guy I was willing to use, mainly because of the consistant results he gets with people on this site, but also I had a couple consultations with some other docs and they just didn't seem to be as familiar with the procedure,for example, I was looking into an op for roughly half the price of karidis but the guy told me that he would try and use just lipo and if the worst came to the worst then he would do an excision but if that happened then I would be left with noticable scars and I didnt fancy the sound of that. Hope this helps mate

Offline buddhaman

• Posting Member
Here are some better pics from day 8 post op...

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
wow that is a hell of a difference i bet ur over the moon! what are u thoughts on the surgery then?

Offline chad1721

• Posting Member
How much did it cost with Dr Kardis, mine is very similar to yours so i was just wondering?

Offline buddhaman

• Posting Member
@postiey aye its easily the best money I have ever spent,check my post one above the day 8 photos for more detail, but basically I cheked out ur post and there is gyne there not alot compared to some but that doesn't matter if its enough for you 2 b self consious about it (I guess it is as ur on this site lol) then u shud definatly go 4 it and the only guy that I would trust is karidis so if u have the money then get a consultation with him and u wont regret it.

@chad1721 its £4161 fixed fee no matter how severe or not ur case is mate

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply buddaman im guessing ur life is goin to change a bit now. u look as if u have got a good physique now!

aslo cheers for checking out my pics! it helps other people can see it gives me the incentive to get this done.

im thinking of ringing karidis monday and seeing what dates he has, not sure his phone no do u have it??? guessing his receptions number.

thanks again have a good recovery

Offline chad1721

• Posting Member
thanks for your reply mate, i am gonna try and get the money together to get it done, Kardis sounds like the man to go to! By the way i forgot to say your 8 day pics look great mate, i bet you feel like you won the lottery!

Offline buddhaman

• Posting Member
@postiey and chad1721 cheers on the pic comments and when u r ready the number is 02074328727 they r really friendly and professional so gd luck with it and hopefully in a few months u will b the ones post op with no regrets!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024