Author Topic: Opinion and advise required (pics)  (Read 5540 times)

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Exactly why i always recommend against this type of chain practise. You only meet a nurse or advisor and not an actaul surgeon so all your gettin is lossley based info. I would recommend not losin heart and next time consulting with a private hospital, bupa, nuffield, bmi whatever. At least they are more reputable. These advisors are clued up on the basics but cant know everything for all procedures. Thats why these forums are invaluable.

Have you devised your diet plan? I would recommend a ckd diet for fast body fat loss. http://www.c-k-d.com/

I used it once when trying to see if mine gyne would go with weight reduction, and it was very effective at stripping away the fat. You have to eat alot of fat on the deit but that isnt the enemy. Its the carbs that you have to lose.

my results from the ckd the 1st set of pics

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1117841500;start=0
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 10:55:06 AM by stonecold »

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Thanks for the advise regarding diet. I am a little reluctant withe the low carb diets. I half heartedly attmepted Atkins when the it was in fashion and I lost muscle mass.  I am going to what I did to drop weight earlier this year and eat less calories (approx 500 less)and up the cardio. I did lose muscle doing this so this time most of the calories I will eat will be from protein.

You did get pretty ripped in the first pic though so I can't really dis that diet too much. Those guys gave you heaps in that post - thanks for sticking aroung, you have been a great support and source of info.

Offline orrible

Thanks yeah i did get a hard time back then. Thats partly why i mainly stick to this UK forum where people are more friendly.

Its the best diet i have done for low bodyfat. I did the 500 less per day this summer, and lost a little body fat as you might see in my progress pics. However i didnt get anywhere near the same loss as i did on the CKD. The carb reduction really flattens you out, gets rid of excess water. The good thing about the ckd was the refuel for 36 hours friday - midnight saturday when i would eat what i liked. I agree though its probably not the best way to lose weight in the long run, the 500 less is better and more steady. The carb free way though is great for quick loss or to kick start it.

I do think i lost some muscle mass on it but looked bigger as their was little fat covering the muscle. Im currently bulking and getting depressed about my stomach increasing.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Went to see an endo and left a little disappointed. In a nutshell - the young (reasonably fit) female doctor and her female observer felt my breasts and very quickly concluded that there was no gland and my condition was just fat. They then played with my nuts, said everything was OK and would take a blood test just in case there was anything wrong with my testosterone, "which is very very unlikely" and they will not have to see me again. When I took my card to reception for my blood test I read the diagnosis which said something like "Asymmetry of chest". There was a pile of blood test cards on the counter and noticed that another one for another patient had the diagnosis of gynecomasia. When he (the other patient) was called for his blood test I noticed that mine looked bigger than his and was disappointed that did not have the same diagnosis.

This experience raises a few questions:

Is this a typical NHS experience? Should I seek the opinion of another, more experienced endocrinologist?

If they are correct and it is only fat - is it possible to lose this through diet and exercise? Is something like Lippodissolve a treatment option these type of cases?

I will still see what Levick says, however this has made me more confused.

Any help is appreciated.

BM.

PS - in know it was a little cheeky to take note of the other guys name on the blood test card, so that when his name was called I could compare breast size- I know you guys would have done the same ;)

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Fellas,

Any advice on this one??  If anyone has any advice on lippodissolve etc other treatment of "fat only" cases, it will be apprecitated.

Thanks

BM

Offline orrible

I wouldnt recommend lipo disolve, i think its fairly new and more hit and miss than finding a skilled surgeon to do the procedure the way it was intended. However if its a quick cheap alternative to try and see if it works then maybe.

Just read your account of the endo. A female grabbing your balls while her female colleague looks on :P, sounds alright to me. I had some bloke doing mine who looked almost embarrased to be thier. Anyway i didnt even get blood tests. Just sent packing at the time, which now is ok, but i think they should have tested me anyway. What did your tests reveal?

If i was in your shoes now i would think ive done all i can, and now i can either go for it and and have surgery or just keep putting it off.

I know its important though and you need to be sure and want to get it right first time around.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:12:47 PM by stonecold »

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Stonecold,

You are right man... although I'm still not sure if I have the balls to go through with it. I really want to get this right.

As discussed previously, my misses will support me, provided that I have a 6 pack and the titties are still there. Unfortunately, the dieting is not going so well. Now that we are getting married, we have to start thinking about buying a house, kids  etc and we both need to agree on these large purchases, so I still gotta convince her on this.

Will see Levick after the honeymoon and see what results he has thinks can be achieved.

I'm also applying for the London marathon. I should find out while I'm away if I have got one of the non-charity spots. If I do qualify I would want to do complete the marathon and have surgery afterwards as:

a) The marathon is in April and I think it will take a lot of preparation. Given Dec is the earliest I could contemplate surgery, this does not leave much time for both (recovery from surgery and preparation)

b) I should be lose some weight (probably heaps of muscle too - not looking forward to it) in preparation for the marathon and prove to the wife that I can't lose my breasts through weight loss.

c) I should be in the fittest condition of my life (I guess this should help with recovery) and make Levick's (have met the guy, but I assume he will do it) job easier.

As always, -thanks again for your comments – BM.

PS
The blood test said everything was normal. Not sure exactly what they were testing.

Offline orrible

I think its likely then that your hormones are normal now and should you have the surgery their will be little chance of it returning. Also as their are no noted hormone imbalances prescription drugs arent an alternative. Looks like surgery is the way forward.

Good luck with getting fit and dieting. I agree that if you are fit and healthy then you have more chance of a successful outcome and recovery. I did a half marathon once and it was tough going.

As you dont think you will have surgery for at least 6 months maybe start trying to save something now towards a gyne fund. At least this way you will feel less guilty about spending the money at the time. I wasnt happy about dropping £4 grand to it, but it has definitley improved my quality of life. This time last year i was so depressed everytime i got dressed, had a shower or had to buy new clothes, its been worth it for me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024