Author Topic: Gyno and low T  (Read 1095 times)

justwayne

I just read a post by Rob 34a about gyno and low t. When I hit the reply button,  it asked me about starting a new topic due to the age of the posts.

Rob 34a, I've been in the same boat. Low T and TRT, both of which cause gyno.

My story is - I had been out of shape for a while, not working out or walking/jogging. I had gained quite a bit of weight, mainly around the belly, and was just exhausted all of the time. Whenever I would sit down, I would want to fall asleep. Along with the weight gain, I did notice that my man boobs had gotten bigger, also.

When I finally went to the doctor about all of it, of course, he told me that I needed to exercise and eat better. He also checked my T which he said was at 92 on the scale he was checking when a man my age should be about 750 - 800. Still not sure which scale he was using. He prescribed TRT and, wow, did I feel better! I did get back into exercising, etc. While I did lose weight,  I couldn't seem to loose the belly or the man boobs.

At the time I did not see this correlation, but I was also seeing a urologist for prostate issues, taking meds and supplements for that.

Realizing that I felt better but the gut and boobs seemed to stay, and get bigger for the breasts, I started researching more. I asked both of my doctors more questions as well as reading everything I could find. Here's what I found;

Low T is self explanatory in itself as it let's estrogens take over. TRT puts excess T in your system, that if not used, is turned into estrogen and stored, by fat (mainly belly fat). Anti-androgens, such as many prostate meds and supplements like saw palmetto, help keep T from turning into DHT which aggravates prostate issues. That let's free T keep circulating in your system which can be converted into estrogen.

So I had a kind of trifecta going on there and once the breast tissue was developed,  it was there! I've been working with both of my doctors and my levels are good for now. I do still feel some of the soreness from breast tissue growth every now and then. They have gotten bigger over the last couple of years but at a little slower rate.

I hope this helps anyone who's wondering what is happening in their bodies.  Aa always consult your doctors but do your research with them.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
In September, I had blood tests that showed my testosterone was 11.3, normal but at the low end.  My sex hormone binging globulin was 24.6, in the normal range of 10-70.  My doctor didn't have my estrogen checked because I'm still getting good erections.  My doctor isn't concerned about it and honestly, I'm not either.  I guess I want to have an idea to what the end game will look like.  Will I have more  enlargement  my breasts or add on to secondary female characteristics like hips and a rounder butt.  If that's the direction that my body goes in, I'll just go with it and not fight it.  I guess I'll never know for sure, I'll have to wait and see.

justwayne

I agree with you curiousk. With my testosterone level being good, I'm feeling good, and everything works correctly, then I'm just going to go with it. I'm past the vanity point. While I don't want to make a spectacle of myself I'll take what nature gives, accept it, and move on. It's certainly a lot less stressful that way.

I just had some guys ask about causes of gyne, so I thought I'd share my story. As much as I thought I was an oddity, I found that there's not just "some" other men but a very large number of men that have significant breast growth.  It's not really odd at all. It's just that more men are starting to talk about it and accept it more these days. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024